GDT: Wings vs tb 7:30 pm et 3/14/19

lgrwmike

Dec 28, 2007
Deerfield Beach, FL
D1nx6p0WwAU3agy.jpg

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Why do I have the feeling that this is a game Detroit should lose by a landslide, but somehow finds a way to win? Maybe Tampa is looking ahead to Washington on Saturday, I dunno. But as much as I'm expecting yet another massacre, weird things can happen.

Or maybe I'm way off, and it's a race between Kucherov scoring a hat trick, and Detroit having 10 shots on goal. Who knows.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Excited to see the second greatest Taro in NHL history in his debut!

Also, impatiently waiting for my terrible new meme to catch on.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Excited to see the second greatest Taro in NHL history in his debut!

Also, impatiently waiting for my terrible new meme to catch on.

Is he in tonight? Last I heard, he wasn't joining the team until later today, and both he and Kuffner were waiting for visa's.

I'll be at the game tonight, so it'll be kinda neat to see one of them make their debut.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Is he in tonight? Last I heard, he wasn't joining the team until later today, and both he and Kuffner were waiting for visa's.

I'll be at the game tonight, so it'll be kinda neat to see one of them make their debut.
That's possible, I'm not in the loop, was just assuming he'd be playing.

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
Will probably be another close loss as TB are virtually locked for the PT and will take it easy on bottom dwellers, yet we suck too much to take advantage of it.

Tampa takes a 4-0 lead then checks out. We score 3 in the third, but fall just short of a comeback.

marcmadsen

Sep 29, 2016

Question about the ELCs these guys signed. I think, like with most college free agents, part of why these guys chose DRW was their willingness to put them in the NHL for the rest of the season and burn the first year of their 2 year ELC. However, if neither guy is getting into game action until some time next week do their contracts have the same 9 game limit for the ELC slide to take effect?

On the same subject, assuming best case scenario these two guys become legit players. If year 1 of their ELC get burned this year, then they'd be eligible for the next expansion draft. So, unless Holland and co. guaranteed these prospects that they'd play them and burn year 1 of the ELC so that they'd be RFAs sooner (and able to cash in on a better pay day), shouldn't we all prefer to see their contracts slide?

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
Question about the ELCs these guys signed. I think, like with most college free agents, part of why these guys chose DRW was their willingness to put them in the NHL for the rest of the season and burn the first year of their 2 year ELC. However, if neither guy is getting into game action until some time next week do their contracts have the same 9 game limit for the ELC slide to take effect?

On the same subject, assuming best case scenario these two guys become legit players. If year 1 of their ELC get burned this year, then they'd be eligible for the next expansion draft. So, unless Holland and co. guaranteed these prospects that they'd play them and burn year 1 of the ELC so that they'd be RFAs sooner (and able to cash in on a better pay day), shouldn't we all prefer to see their contracts slide?

Slides only apply to 18 and 19 year olds.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Part of me says lose for the lottery another part says just f***ing beat these guys!! Once!

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I've watched the Wings all season and I have yet to see a system.

Don't worry, the signings know more about hockey. I know this is a fun cheap shot, but around 95% of our system is being deployed to pace the league in points. You guys can keep pretending that isn't the case in your crusade against Blashill, but it isn't actually true is the only problem. It is the reason he has respect around the league, with USA Hockey and throughout several levels of hockey.... Oh and it is likely the reason the savior you're looking forward to joining on July 1st isn't going to remove him either. Things could go really wrong in the last 12 games, but some of this board should start preparing for Yzerman saying nice things about Blash too...

We would need to know one of the big name free agent coaches is coming, I sort of doubt that. There is the fact Blashill could leave us for another opportunity too, I know that isn't talked about often, but he could gun for one of the open jobs around the league himself. I hope he doesn't and absent AV or Coach Q wanting to come I sort of doubt much changes. I guess we could look at McLellan as well, those are likely the only guys they seriously want above him or moving to Bylsma which I really don't like all that much, so to me it is one of those three names first or Blash re-signs. I think the first two would be tough to woo, because paying top dollar for the couple bad years we have remaining would be tough. Though with the lottery earlier that might help if we win Hughes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hen Kolland

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->