GDT: Wings vs sharks 2/24/19 3:00 pm est

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Hard to get on the ice when the team keeps icing the puck.

That was one shift. There is no excuse to only play him 2 minutes in that period. That is on the coach, and not on the team icing the puck. I'm not entirely sure how this approach is suppose to help him gain confidence, by playing him 9 minutes per game. You can't get into the flow of the game that way. Send him back to GR where he was starting to gain his confidence and finally producing. Giving him 4th line minutes is so unbelievably, for a lack of a better word, stupid.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
That was one shift. There is no excuse to only play him 2 minutes in that period. That is on the coach, and not on the team icing the puck. I'm not entirely sure how this approach is suppose to help him gain confidence, by playing him 9 minutes per game. You can't get into the flow of the game that way. Send him back to GR where he was starting to gain his confidence and finally producing. Giving him 4th line minutes is so unbelievably, for a lack of a better word, stupid.
He's not up here to get points. Calm the hell down.

Reactions: SoupGuru

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
I was just thinking back on how some of the coaches we've had used to change things up that weren't working, not just from game-to-game, but within games. Remember those days?

I'm not trying to say those coaches were better just because they had multiple Stanly Cups.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Abby could have 3 really nice primary assists, counting springing Glendening for a breakaway.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
It's nice to hear the Detroit broadcast because when they were on NBC Sports I kept wondering when Roenick came out of retirement and signed with the Wings.

Last edited:

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
That shooting gallery was with our "best" checking line....:huh:

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
At the risk of sounding like Mickey, I don't like that they have the iPads and all that stuff on the bench. The game is already overcoached.

Use your eyes and skill and experience. Let's separate the men from the boys.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
I want Larkin to attack the zone with speed more. He ALWAYS pulls up as soon as he enters the ozone.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
I want Larkin to attack the zone with speed more. He ALWAYS pulls up as soon as he enters the ozone.

I'll give him a pass on that one as he was at the end of his shift. I don't think he had any speed left.

Wow another gaffe by Ericsson. He really has been bad since sitting out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad