GDT: Wings vs sharks 2/24/19 3:00 pm est

lgrwmike

Dec 28, 2007
Deerfield Beach, FL
D0LJnHnWkAAwZbJ.jpg

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
Even if we don’t end up dealing Gus, there is zero reason for him to play today. We all know he will be in the lineup though.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Would you drag race a car you are currently listing on kijiji and auto trader, but it's still yours?

A car that has had zero problems and has been drag racing for a decade with only 7 transmission slips, one to just sickness and six for wreckless drag racing five years ago in Minnesota...

I hate the bubble wrap concept that has worked its way into sports. I understand why people have taken to doing it somewhat, but I think it has gotten fairly out of control. I mean we know back to back games increase your chance of injury and overtaxing the body is bad. Shouldn't we just cut the season by 20 games...

If this is the game Nyquist goes down, oh well life will go on.

By the way one of his likely suitors is the team we are playing in my opinion, don't we want the Sharks getting an up close look or Winnipeg, Calgary and Nashville seeing what he can do against one of their biggest worries? Where does that factor in?

Reactions: TheOtherOne

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Would you drag race a car you are currently listing on kijiji and auto trader, but it's still yours?

I'd respond but it's easier just to say I agree with this guy:

A car that has had zero problems and has been drag racing for a decade with only 7 seven transmission slips, one to just sickness and six for wreckless drag racing five years ago in Minnesota...

I hate the bubble wrap concept that has worked its way into sports. I understand why people have taken to doing it somewhat, but I think it has gotten fairly out of control. I mean we know back to back games increase your chance of injury and overtaxing the body is bad. Shouldn't we just cut the season by 20 games...

By the way one of his likely suitors is the team we are playing in my opinion, don't we want the Sharks getting an up close look or Winnipeg, Calgary and Nashville seeing what he can do against one of their biggest worries? Where does that factor in?

... ok I'm compelled to add a snarky comment, so
I don't want to send the message "hey someone, please take this player off our hands before he falls down and breaks all his bones, which is likely to happen at any moment now!"

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Let's blow those sharks out of water.
Go wings
Go Mantha
Go Zadina
Go Gus

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

Yes.

A car that has had zero problems and has been drag racing for a decade with only 7 transmission slips, one to just sickness and six for wreckless drag racing five years ago in Minnesota...

My god, listen to 97.1 in Detroit. For the Lions, Mike Valenti was like, at game 6, "Keep Kerryion Johnson off the field. Keep Golladay off the field. Slay, don't have him play". He actually used "store them in bubble wrap" as what you'd do. It's disgusting how cavalier "fans" of leagues are about just completely tossing away seasons.

This is why there should be some kind of adjustment to what success is around the league. Work to get rid of the "if you're not first, you're last" mentality. That if you aren't a favorite, you shouldn't try at all. It is ridiculous that you would essentially make sucking more preferable than winning.

Reactions: waltdetroit

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
What a horrible punishment for Rasmussen, to put him on a line with Abdelkader. My god, Blashill is brutal.

He's playing him a centre though, so that's pretty interesting. Or has he done this already this season and I just haven't noticed?

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018

Don't agree. Just like when Mike Green had the neck injury right before TDL last year and we could have picked up AT LEAST a 2nd rounder for him...

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
I'd respond but it's easier just to say I agree with this guy:

... ok I'm compelled to add a snarky comment, so
I don't want to send the message "hey someone, please take this player off our hands before he falls down and breaks all his bones, which is likely to happen at any moment now!"
If the wings were in the middle of a playoff hunt or playing a meaningful game then yes I would play him. Otherwise a risk is still a risk. Just like most on here is hoping for losses to accumulate more % points in the lottery injury in any game has a % regardless of how small. If I were actively taking calls on him I'm not risking an injury the day before TDL. Just like Green conveniently got hurt right before last season....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->