GDT: Wings vs. sens 7:30 pm et

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
Coyotes and Devils had some nice comeback wins though....and the Rangers got a point in their loss.
Yeah for sure. Teams behind us play each other over the weekend, too. If we lose in regulation again tomorrow, there's a chance several teams will leapfrog us in the standings by the end of the week.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Larkin is an engine that never quits. Nice to see Ras engage in a tugging match, and he shows signs of powerforward. He needs to get stronger and get faster with the game, but overall shows ability. Cholo is smooooth. I only hope he is our Chabot but knows how to play defense.

Really liking this team and glad Wings didn't get 2 points. I have been worried they were winning too much.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
They have to run out of steam at some point. When your only hope of winning is to outwork everybody you wear down quicker. The best teams can pace themselves. If we lose a 1/2 step in the speed category the games could be blowouts again (like vs. Washington).

Hronek was awesome. A good looking one-timer, many good touches. Only one flub I remember was on a dump in, but overall a solid showing. As I've said give him a 100 NHL games and he'll surpass Ericsson and Daley in effectiveness. The Wings should consider playing Hronek the rest of the season so he's around Kronwall while he can.

Honestly Cholowski had (and has) more direct giveaways. That said he also plays a much larger role. Cholo tends to make blind passes up the boards a lot. It's a deceiving move and can work out perfect but not always. I'd say every game he has at least one "Smithian" brain freeze, but guess what? I don't care! And I doubt the majority of Wings fans do either. He and Hronek are 20. Hockey is so fast you can't win every battle. They are adapting and after only 2 months of the season have shown they're both capable of playing at this level.

I hope fans remember defensemen don't have to be static piles who's only notable quality is backing up into their goalie,- they're supposed to impact the game like a forward, in all 3 zones. Our D have been so atrocious for so long you almost get numb to it. As Blashill said in the summer, "the tie should start going to the rookies." That should include more ice-time and responsibility to the guys that have a chance of being a piece of the future.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad