GDT: Wings vs sabres 7:00 pm et 4/6/19 last game

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Jesus, Bert has played well, but this team hasn't seen an elite offensive talent so long that they are pumping up middling players.

And sounds like Micky has started with the root beers saying they will challenge for the playoffs next season.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Jesus, Bert has played well, but this team hasn't seen an elite offensive talent so long that they are pumping up middling players.

And sounds like Micky has started with the root beers saying they will challenge for the playoffs next season.

Yeah I have to roll my eyes at all that. While it's a nice thought it's just a pipe dream

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
I watched the Caps after their fire sale. Rebuilds take time, one top 5 pick isn't going to change anything. Fans need to be patient.
Sometimes the ownership gets impatient too because they want to sell more tickets and merchandise. I think that's where it starts. Like they are just waiting for that 28th place team to have a 6-game win streak so they have half an excuse to blow up the rebuild.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I don't understand the Sabres at all, no effort in front of a home crowd, but they come out skating for the last game? Their tank crowd must be pissed...

Reactions: ealong59

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
Next season, I hope they change the lottery system. And the all-star game format too, it was horrible. No offense to Jim Howard.

Edit: Matter of fact, I hope they change commissioners.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
People who were at the game are saying Kronwall picked up the game puck.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Cruel to say but I'm glad they went out like a smoldering hospital bed pushed down a staircase. Holland and Stevie need to realize how far away we are, whether with vets or AHL'ers.

Great progress this year from Hronek and especially Larkin... he's a legit star player.

Reactions: WingedWheel1987

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Yes. Was it tough to see Yzerman go? Datsyuk? Zetterberg? Just because they are not the same player now as they were 5-10 years ago, it doesn’t mean it doesn’t suck seeing them leave.

No, it wasn't tough to see Z go (for example). It was tough to see him not be the player he used to be, which had been the case for a few years already.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Yes. Was it tough to see Yzerman go? Datsyuk? Zetterberg? Just because they are not the same player now as they were 5-10 years ago, it doesn’t mean it doesn’t suck seeing them leave.
Yes but he should have retired 3years ago and he is no where near any of those players you listed. He never was an all star once and will not make the HOF...

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
If Kronwall is retiring I think it leaves us scrambling to try to find a new number one defender. We never found a replacement for Lidstrom. Of course, you can't really replace a guy like Lidstrom, but the truth is we don't have a replacement in place for Kronwall either.

As old as he is, he was still better than a number of younger guys on the roster this season. I'd take another year of him over another from Witkowski or Ericsson, and I don't feel like McIlrath or Chelios are suitable replacements. McIlrath just isn't NHL caliber except for his ability to fight. Chelios didn't impress me a lot yet either.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Kronwall was a good player, I'm still a fan even if I want him to retire. I can see how some fans might be sad to see him go, it's an end of an era just like Datsyuk leaving and Z retiring.
He was a solid player. I don't want him to end up like Franzen. It's time to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->