GDT: Wings vs. Preds

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Deserved what we got. We lost that game with our awful first. Really good teams can take the occasional period off, we are not a good team. They need more energy sustained throughout games, it is something our young players that are our future should be working very hard on during the homestretch of this season.

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
The last couple of minutes of this game was hilarious. For about 45 seconds while 6-on-5 the puck was just being ping ponged around the boards. Then on that PP they couldn't even make clean passes at the end. Just passing right into the skates LOL!!!

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
I thought they used their timeout on a bad challenge in the end of the game

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Just like the Toronto game.. entertaining and lose, its perfect. Mantha ended up with 5 SOG, AA 2 points, Larkin with a point AND they lose.

Also, did anyone else not get why the announcers were saying Subban got interfered with before he jumped on Abdelkader? He had the puck and Abby hit him on the hip.. he fell awkwardly and it looked like a weird hit but nothing actually wrong with it

Reactions: Filppula

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Just like the Toronto game.. entertaining and lose, its perfect. Mantha ended up with 5 SOG, AA 2 points, Larkin with a point AND they lose.

Also, did anyone else not get why the announcers were saying Subban got interfered with before he jumped on Abdelkader? He had the puck and Abby hit him on the hip.. he fell awkwardly and it looked like a weird hit but nothing actually wrong with it

It was a cross-check in my opinion. Abby got away with one.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
It was a cross-check in my opinion. Abby got away with one.

Maybe I guess, you just dont usually see one on the hip like that. Usually you get called if you actually pul your stick away from your body and push at someone. Looked more to me likehis stick was low and he didnt push hard at all, they went more hip on hip so Subban fell funny

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Guys in front of the net in the offensive zone shouldn't get any leeway with crosschecks.
The other night Abby put about 5 crosschecks into the back of Carrick.
Since when did forwards get to crosscheck defensemen in front of their own net? It used to be that a forward would have to take punishment in front of net. It was the price they paid.

But now Abby is turning it on its ear and delivering crosscheck after crosscheck.

I can't imagine he'll get away with it much longer unless he tones it down.

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
Guys in front of the net in the offensive zone shouldn't get any leeway with crosschecks.
The other night Abby put about 5 crosschecks into the back of Carrick.
Since when did forwards get to crosscheck defensemen in front of their own net? It used to be that a forward would have to take punishment in front of net. It was the price they paid.

But now Abby is turning it on its ear and delivering crosscheck after crosscheck.

I can't imagine he'll get away with it much longer unless he tones it down.
It was really stupid of Subban to retaliate with half a minute remaining in a one goal game. Even though the PP isn't very good, I was worried that we might tie it.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
How is Jensen still on the team? He gets tossed around like a rag doll every game yet, there he is, trying to shield the puck with his body and getting blown off the puck again.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
How is Jensen still on the team? He gets tossed around like a rag doll every game yet, there he is, trying to shield the puck with his body and getting blown off the puck again.

I hope he gets some kind of Brendan Smith level overpayment at next year's deadline.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Q: how is X bad defenseman still playing for the Red Wings?
A: as opposed to who?

Reactions: jkutswings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->