GDT: Wings vs isles 3/16/19 1:00 pm et

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Did you miss my post about the inevitable winning streak we will have by the end of the year? Also never liked Ras all his junior points were on the PP. I hope I'm wrong but he doesn't look the best player available @9
I'd sooner put my money on this team not winning another game this season than having a winning streak.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Vilardi has back issues or I will still prefer him.
I was on that Vilardi train too, hard. But the back issues are real and I'm glad we passed. At this point Necas is the name he will be linked to and it will be interesting to see how both develop. I was high on Robert Thomas coming into the draft and even said I'd draft him over Rasmussen, but by most accounts they were in different ranges. You can throw him in there too. I've liked what I've seen from Rasmussen, I think he has a real future in this league and is going to be a pretty powerful force.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
What’s funny is there are people on this board who think the players and coaches give a shit about who the Wings are going to be able to pick right now

Reactions: Sentinel
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Wrong. They should know to lose every game and in the process absolutely demoralize the locker room.

/s
They shouldn't have to, but Ottawa and LA are really outperforming them. I'd prefer my guys put effort into the tank, rather than let things hang loose the rest of the season. But this team has a lot of low tank-compete level players, and that's made things difficult.

Jul 30, 2005
What’s funny is there are people on this board who think the players and coaches give a **** about who the Wings are going to be able to pick right now
It's actually the opposite. The GM needs to be very careful with their roster, because if they aren't, the players could win too much. The players know that losing games means adding players who could take their job. They'd rather limp to the playoffs, not improve the team at all, and have a roster spot than bottom out, actually improve the team, and potentially lose their jobs. So you can't rely on players to help you improve the organization in that way.

Good tank GMs prune their tanking teams very carefully. Holland did that, but not as well as other teams. Ottawa did it too well, which has made things weird. They're going to destroy their organization doing it.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
It's actually the opposite. The GM needs to be very careful with their roster, because if they aren't, the players could win too much. The players know that losing games means adding players who could take their job. They'd rather limp to the playoffs, not improve the team at all, and have a roster spot than bottom out, actually improve the team, and potentially lose their jobs. So you can't rely on players to help you improve the organization in that way.

Good tank GMs prune their tanking teams very carefully. Holland did that, but not as well as other teams.
Doesn't negate what he says. When they're on the ice no player or coach has a desire to lose.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Did you miss my post about the inevitable winning streak we will have by the end of the year? Also never liked Ras all his junior points were on the PP. I hope I'm wrong but he doesn't look the best player available @9
It is funny bc there's nobody that's a slam dunk better pick, but he might not have even been the best pick from Tri City either. At the last minute I hoped for Necas because my hopes were off the board, but I really(really) liked Valimaki.

Jul 30, 2005
Doesn't negate what he says. When they're on the ice no player or coach has a desire to lose.
But I don't think anyone is of the belief that they're begging the players to play poorly or something. We know how they feel, we just want the opposite of that. When you're at a sports race, you don't think that cheering actually makes them go faster, but you cheer nonetheless. We're cheering the players on, but in reverse.

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
Glad AA scored 2.

I was hating on him going into this year, but he is doing well and, not that it matters, has earned a fan in me.

He is scoring at a decent rate and could be a regular 30+ goal scorer. If his defense gets better and his game slows a bit in at the defensive blue line he could be a really, really good asset.

I still question his commitment to this team though and wouldn’t be surprised to see him walk after his next RFA deal

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Glad AA scored 2.

I was hating on him going into this year, but he is doing well and, not that it matters, has earned a fan in me.

He is scoring at a decent rate and could be a regular 30+ goal scorer. If his defense gets better and his game slows a bit in at the defensive blue line he could be a really, really good asset.

I still question his commitment to this team though and wouldn’t be surprised to see him walk after his next RFA deal
Since we scored 1, I wish he scored 0 especially the fluke but I guess they were worth 1 point each.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
I don't know the context of this comment, but it's correct.
He asked Larkin how important it is for him and AA to both score 30 goals to carry on to next year with confidence.... Larkin said wins matter more and 30 is just a number that doesn't mean much if you aren't winning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->