News Article: Wings vs Devils: Watch FREE at NHL.com 7pm

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Now we have a goal called and no goal. Told ya these refs are Pejorative Slured.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
I wonder how many games in the old days have incorrectly called goals. Larkins wouldn't have counted, Nyquists would have

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Never seen a game where a good goal is waived off and a non-goal is called a goal.

I feel like that happened in the Ott Dallas shootout win against us. Problem there was it somehow stood up to review while not crossing the line too. If I remember right Homer had one called back where he touched nobody.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
True, I just think it could come back to haunt us. I also have no idea what management's plans are if we trade him. Ride Jimmy for 2 more years and then what? Hope we hit a homeroom with Larsson or Petruzelli? Seems risky.
It's all super risky.

1. Keep Howard / Trade Mrazek: Mrazek could be the superstud we hoped he would be. Howard's older and is well known for his injury problems. Doesn't last.

2. Trade Howard / Keep Mrazek: Mrazek's recent 2-3 game stint of being rock solid is a fluke and he returns to the form he's had most of the past 2 seasons. Neither Larsson nor Petruzelli nor Coreau (lol) are as good as we need.

3. Keep both: We've got $10M locked up in goalies, 1 of whom is on the wrong side of 30 and injured every season, the other whom has been inconsistent at best the past 2 years. And we've got a bunch of players coming up we gotta pay.

There's no good answers there.
100 bucks says jimmy goes tomorrow lol

Why not? He's been reliable this season and it's a back to back. There's basically no reason not to play him if your goal is to win games.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Trade Howard is the answer. We aren’t good anyway, either mrazek is elite and he is part of the core or we tank some more win win imo

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
It's all super risky.

1. Keep Howard / Trade Mrazek: Mrazek could be the superstud we hoped he would be. Howard's older and is well known for his injury problems. Doesn't last.

2. Trade Howard / Keep Mrazek: Mrazek's recent 2-3 game stint of being rock solid is a fluke and he returns to the form he's had most of the past 2 seasons. Neither Larsson nor Petruzelli nor Coreau (lol) are as good as we need.

3. Keep both: We've got $10M locked up in goalies, 1 of whom is on the wrong side of 30 and injured every season, the other whom has been inconsistent at best the past 2 years. And we've got a bunch of players coming up we gotta pay.

There's no good answers there.

Why not? He's been reliable this season and it's a back to back. There's basically no reason not to play him if your goal is to win games.

Howard retained to the Islanders makes a lot of sense in my opinion.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
No reason not to play the guy a few more games.
I'm guessing Howard starts tomorrow, since it's a back-to-back.
If Howard loses Mrazek should be back between the pipes vs Chicago Thursday.
It shouldn't even be a debate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->