GDT: Wings vs Canucks

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Not a big deal. Cholo can sit every once in a while.

Not super thrilled though that Blashill did this to him in his one "home" game of the year... That isn't really cool out of Blash at all in my opinion.

We can discuss the fact we are sunk in the standings and the kids should always play, I think the mental break might actually help Cholowski. Let him see the game, I do believe in that coach/organizational speak, I have sat with guys being scratched from AHL games and heard them discuss things they are learning and listening to how they process the game. Whatever the case may be sitting him when he likely thought he would have friends and family watching him stinks. It isn't a move I endorse, especially when you could rest Ericsson and have Cholowski sit in Edmonton and still work in Hronek for the next two.

Reactions: Winger98 and NEWing

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
I'm sure his friends and family would have loved to see him play. Is there a reason Kronwall needs to play every night?
Not super thrilled though that Blashill did this to him in his one "home" game of the year... That isn't really cool out of Blash at all in my opinion.

We can discuss the fact we are sunk in the standings and the kids should always play, I think the mental break might actually help Cholowski. Let him see the game, I do believe in that coach/organizational speak, I have sat with guys being scratched from AHL games and heard them discuss things they are learning and listening to how they process the game. Whatever the case may be sitting him when he likely thought he would have friends and family watching him stinks. It isn't a move I endorse, especially when you could rest Ericsson and have Cholowski sit in Edmonton and still work in Hronek for the next two.

Didn’t realize it was a game close to home. He does seem to have hit a wqll though and hasn’t been playing that good lately.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Didn’t realize it was a game close to home. He does seem to have hit a wqll though and hasn’t been playing that good lately.
I'm not a coach, but if there's one game that would give Cholowski a boost, it would be this one. Sure, he probably needs to sit a few games eventually. Sitting him tomorrow has a stench about it, though.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I had forgotten about the home game aspect until TZE reminded us this morning, would've liked to have him in tomorrow, feel bad now.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada

I get it and even agree with everything you’re saying but he is probably the most deserving after last game.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

Yeah, not a fan of the move, either. Cholo has been flagging a bit for awhile, wouldn't have been hard to scratch for any of his recent games...yet he picks this one.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I'm sure his friends and family would have loved to see him play. Is there a reason Kronwall needs to play every night?
Agreed.

It wouldn't hurt to sit him a game, but why pour extra salt in the wound by making it the one that his friends and family would otherwise be coming to.

(this is all assuming Cholowski actually does sit for the game)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->