GDT: Wings @ vegas 10:00 pm et 3/23/19

kk

diehard NYI/WPG fan
Jun 29, 2007
Taiwan (from Manitoba)
What is the story with the Red Wings players all shaking the one ref's hand after the game? Is he retiring or connected to the city in some way?

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
If mantha played like he did tonight night in and night or at least with that type of effort he would be an absolute monster
I think that every time I watch him rush the puck up outside and make a pure power move to the goal. That burst is so huge but it's frustrating to watch him not do it every game.

Reactions: saska sault

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
What is the story with the Red Wings players all shaking the one ref's hand after the game? Is he retiring or connected to the city in some way?

Other teams dont do that? I assumed it was just common courtesy

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
Murph doesn't finish sentences. He also doesn't often put more than 5 words together that go together

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
New drinking game to keep this season entertaining - Anytime Blashill plays Abdelkader on the power play, chug a beer.

In seriousness, love Larkins motor. Guy is the perfect leader to have during this transition... Mantha and AA are now the Tatar and Nyquist 2.0's. I really am slowly believing these guys can be core members through the rebuild.

Reactions: Sentinel

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Next years D Core is going to be fascinating

DeKeyser & Hronek are locks... Cholowski should be back up for good & Bowey is earning the right to be in that top 6.

Then we have the 3 old guys all with a year left on their deals: Green, Daley & Ericsson... Those contracts man

What happens with Kronwall too

Hopefully Stevie or whomever can deal/waive a vet or two under contract

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Then we have the 3 old guys all with a year left on their deals: Green, Daley & Ericsson... Those contracts man
Buying out Daley's final year won't be a long-term cap anchor. It'll be like two years of a $700,000 cap hit or whatever.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Buying out Daley's final year won't be a long-term cap anchor. It'll be like two years of a $700,000 cap hit or whatever.
Maybe we could just trade him to a team up against the cap for depth and retain half if we have to

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I don't see the need to buy any D-man out, they've got 6 under contract, one needs to sit in the press box anyways if Cholo makes the team. Just don't sign Kronwall, he should retire while he can still walk.

If anything, the team looks better without Abby. They should send him down to GR next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad