Post-Game Talk: Wings v Sens 3 stars

XO

Nov 4, 2009
I don't think any Wing had a good game to be honest. Maybe Tatar because he actually tried.

Mickey Redmond*

Nov 2, 2010
Someone should explain to the players that they have to show up every game and don't get to take the night off occasionally because they don't want to put in any effort. What a joke.

SenatorsLegionary

Member of Sens Army
Oct 25, 2008
Montreal, Qc
Hey guys, just thought the Wings had an off game which we don't see too often. I'm sure that the next game on Dec 1st will be much closer.

Also wanted to say that I thought Tatar had an impressive game tonight. Was it one of his better showings or has he been consistently bringing it so far this year?

Cheers!

Detroit Sports*

So glad we didn't sign Semin or Grabovski! This team is ****ing ****. Old and out of gas we need a major trade. Even when we win this collection of players are boring as ****. Signing Alfie is a microcosm of Ken Hollands philosophy. It's dated and very lame now...

Detroit Sports*

I seriously believe if we drafted Mario Lemieux he wouldn't make our roster.

petesrw

Apr 6, 2009
Tatar did stand out a bit to me. He drives the puck to the net more often than anyone else on the team and got some great chances tonight because of it. On one play he was flying down the wing with the puck, the defender hounding him hard, and he held him off with his arm as he got the puck to the goalie... didn't get a real shot off, but it was nice to see a player try to make something happen instead of peeling off before the circle and looking to pass into a now fully guarded zone.

I want to see what he can do with D or Z. It might not be a bad idea to split them up for a game and try some new line combos given the recent scoring issues/losing streak.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Tatar did stand out a bit to me. He drives the puck to the net more often than anyone else on the team and got some great chances tonight because of it. On one play he was flying down the wing with the puck, the defender hounding him hard, and he held him off with his arm as he got the puck to the goalie... didn't get a real shot off, but it was nice to see a player try to make something happen instead of peeling off before the circle and looking to pass into a now fully guarded zone.

Or the play where he pulled a Datsyuk and knocked an incoming player on his butt. He also forced a couple turnovers with defensive play.

Once he feels comfortable that he's not going to be demoted at any time, he's going to be a more consistent player. But as it stands, I think he's showing us that all those criticisms of his game are no longer relevant.

He's not slow, soft. He's not afraid of the hard areas. He's not bad defensively. There's seriously nothing to dislike about his play other than that he's not 6'5 and 220.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
He's not slow, soft. He's not afraid of the hard areas. He's not bad defensively. There's seriously nothing to dislike about his play other than that he's not 6'5 and 220.

You do realize that, out of 662 active players this season, there are only 91 who are 6'4" or taller, right?

98 are 220lbs or higher. Out of 662.

Not everyone can be John Sc... Brian Boy... George Parr... Dustin Pe... um, Ryan Getzlaf?

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
You do realize that, out of 662 active players this season, there are only 91 who are 6'4" or taller, right?

98 are 220lbs or higher. Out of 662.

Not everyone can be John Sc... Brian Boy... George Parr... Dustin Pe... um, Ryan Getzlaf?
You do realize that you're not saying anything that changes what I said. At all. Even slightly.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
You do realize that I'm just trying to make sure your expectations are tempered, right?

Your post didn't really have anything to do with that. Moreover, my expectations are totally tempered. I don't think he'll even be a PPG guy. I just noted that he played a very well-rounded game.

If you thought otherwise, well, it's poor reading on your part.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Your post didn't really have anything to do with that. Moreover, my expectations are totally tempered. I don't think he'll even be a PPG guy. I just noted that he played a very well-rounded game.

If you thought otherwise, well, it's poor reading on your part.

Perhaps I read too much into your original quoted post, what with the "size" obsession around these parts. If that's the case, then I apologize.

No need to get snippy.

Sergei DRW

Nov 17, 2010
I seriously think that Babcock needs to go.
A roster full of wash-out veterans who are no good any longer while the best young guys are being stuck in the AHL.
How did we end up in a place where a 6-1 loss seems quite okay and "realgud"?

RedWingzz

Everybody loves Raymond
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Hey guys, just thought the Wings had an off game which we don't see too often. I'm sure that the next game on Dec 1st will be much closer.

Also wanted to say that I thought Tatar had an impressive game tonight. Was it one of his better showings or has he been consistently bringing it so far this year?

Cheers!

next game is Nov 23

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->