Ansar Khan: Wings trying to move up in draft

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Trading up to 3 to grab a guy who might still be there if they trade down to 9?
Do they put Bouchard that high above all the other D-men (other than Dahlin) expected to go in the top 10?

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
This was from HSJ’s article today:

The Wings have needs to address, which they'll focus on with their first four picks.
“Probably more so we’re looking at a D or center over a winger, because we’ve drafted a lot of wingers the last three or four drafts,” Holland said. “Between our first four picks, I’m expecting that one or two of them are going to be defensemen.”

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
My Ken Holland theory is that the rumors we hear about usually come from tire kicking, and not actual offers or intent.
Every GM is going to do their due diligence to see the price to move up into the top 3. This is probably what Kenny is doing and the media is reporting it for clicks.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I know Khan's local, but wasn't there also an article from Garrioch talking about the Wings looking to trade up? I think it's backwards. I think Montreal wants to trade down, and they've floated this idea of the Wings being interested as a way of trying to drive up the price on someone else.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
I know Khan's local, but wasn't there also an article from Garrioch talking about the Wings looking to trade up? I think it's backwards. I think Montreal wants to trade down, and they've floated this idea of the Wings being interested as a way of trying to drive up the price on someone else.

Tin foil hat idea, I like it.

EDIT: I will say this; Holland is a new player on the whole rebuild team. It'll be interesting to see how he conducts the franchise.

Last edited:

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
What if Wings can move up by trading AA, the current whipping boy of the fanbase.

I'd rather use AA to move up from 30 or 31. 4th to 10th is pretty muddy this year and we really shouldn't be moving up to 3 to grab Zadina.

Inspiration

Jul 10, 2013
Ah yes, draft season in the media: where your favorite team is willing to move down, wants to trade up, and also likes the players that will be available at their current pick. Stay tuned for next week, when your teams' GM is begrudgingly willing to listen to offers if another team wants to overpay for his disgruntled player, but definitely isn't actively shopping him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad