wings training camp

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Training Camp at Compuware

Here we go, the 1st official news about camp. I have a bud at Compuware who prepped the joint for Holland and Babcock's inspection, I guess it was given the green light. I heard some talk that the 1st 3500 fans can watch, will the arena fill out that much? I will be there early on Sunday. Never seen a Wings practice and I'll post some details if anything/anyone stands out.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Folks if you can make it this week (noon again tomorrow I'm sure and Red vs White game Tuesday evening?) I thoroughly recommend it. Such a pleasure to have my morning java sitting watching the Wings.

The only player who stood out was Knuble, and not in a good way!:laugh: j/k he looked descent but hands were a bit rusty.

Sadly Dan Cleary seems to be laboring. His stride was very similar to last year, not a great sign for how he used to move some time ago. He and Knuble were my only question marks.

I did not see Lashoff at the skate.

Everyone else, Kindl, Tootoo, Sammy, Fil, Miller, Quincey, Bert, Smith, Coliaicovo, etc. etc. etc. were looking excellent, all so equally skilled and fast. I realize now I'm not the best judge or critic...they were all a joy to watch live. In my ignorance it feels like any player could play with whoever in any position, they are all so good! If I didn't know any better I'd let Tootoo center the 2nd line! IMHO just like the parity between NHL teams there exists parity between all these elite hockey players. It's only split second reactions and hockey IQ in real game situations that separates the top from the "bottom".

Great to finally see Brunner in person, I guarantee he fits right in. :nod:

I'm finally sold on the skill/speed of Mursak. Got to be our best skater truly. Excellent hands. Damn I was impressed by Emmerton as well, he's got a lot of style. Very happy to see Eaves battling and having fun out there. I could swear he looked sharp, ready to go. We definitely have a lot of options on offense, am excited to see what shakes out and takes form this season.

Jun 9, 2011
Detroit
I made the trip out and saw the wings yesterday. Was really great to see them again and they all (for the most part) looked excited and refreshed. lol one thing I did notice and I'm not on the Franzen hating band wagon, he looked way off and totally uninspired smh ;(. I'm really excited to see how they perform.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad