Wings trade Nyquist to SJ for 2019 2nd & 2020 Conditional 3rd

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I think if Nyqvist stays in SJ for a couple years, it'll show he's a much better player than his typical 40 point or so seasons would indicate.
I think he averages 50 points if the Sharks sign him. San Jose is a much better team, and he should be able to take advantage of better matchups than if he were playing here.

That said, I don't believe he can sustain the level of play he had this year. Thus the 50 point guess.

Reactions: Tiesgo2vets

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
I think he averages 50 points if the Sharks sign him. San Jose is a much better team, and he should be able to take advantage of better matchups than if he were playing here.

That said, I don't believe he can sustain the level of play he had this year. Thus the 50 point guess.

Seems reasonable. I am expecting is more of the 50-60 range though - so maybe a bit higher than your projection.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
vqtcmq6gfyi21.png

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
I could completely see Nyquist staying with the Sharks. He's in his prime at 29 and they have a competing lineup. Specially if they find a way to resign EK.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
I could completely see Nyquist staying with the Sharks. He's in his prime at 29 and they have a competing lineup. Specially if they find a way to resign EK.
I don't know, they are going to fall off a cliff I think, who knows better than us that time catches up with star players? I hope they win it this year, but I don't see them contending in 2-3 years.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
I don't know, they are going to fall off a cliff I think, who knows better than us that time catches up with star players? I hope they win it this year, but I don't see them contending in 2-3 years.

people have been predicting their downfall for the past decade+ and yet here they are, still contending with a different core of players

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Didn't know that Nyquist is a good friend of Erik Karlsson.

But they have under one year of age difference, so maybe they have played together on Swedish National Junior Teams or something.

I hope Nyquist will praise Detroit to be the best place ever to play hockey, not care about the city, and bring him over here as UFA. :naughty:

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Didn't know that Nyquist is a good friend of Erik Karlsson.

But they have under one year of age difference, so maybe they have played together on Swedish National Junior Teams or something.

I hope Nyquist will praise Detroit to be the best place ever to play hockey, not care about the city, and bring him over here as UFA. :naughty:
If that’s the case then.. they both sign in Minnesota.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
people have been predicting their downfall for the past decade+ and yet here they are, still contending with a different core of players
Yeah, but.... I mean....people predicted our downfall for pretty much 2 decades and eventually were correct.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
ill be watching nyquist and the sharks until our game starts

they now have my favorite non-red wing in Burns and my 3rd favorite (former) red wing in Nyquist

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Looks like Nyquist is fitting in real nice over in San Jose. Just had a 2 goal game and putting up some points. Good for him. He is a better player than we had the pleasure of witnessing in Detroit.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Looks like Nyquist is fitting in real nice over in San Jose. Just had a 2 goal game and putting up some points. Good for him. He is a better player than we had the pleasure of witnessing in Detroit.
He had one empty net goal and one assist in 6 games prior to last night. Seems a little premature to say if he's fitting in one way or another

Reactions: ricky0034

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad