OT: Wings Themed Man Cave help...

aFish

blub blub blub
Jun 23, 2014
Ontario
Hi Guys, I have an idea I'd like to get some help with for my man cave.

I have ZERO photoshop skills, but I know some of you excel at it. So i'm hoping someone will step up and help a fellow Wings fan out.

I'd like replicas of our retired numbers in individual 8x10 format, so I can later frame each retired number and hang them in my Wings themed man cave.

retired6.gif

^ Like that, but only for the officially retired numbers.

Is this do-able? Anyone here interested in taking on this project? I'm sure others might also like the idea and use it in their own man caves!

Thanks in advance guys!

Edited for clarity

Last edited:

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Hmm... you're going to need a high-resolution version of the photo.

I would reach out to DetroitHockey.net to see if they have anything they'd let you use. This is the largest image I could find.

Getty Images has a few but none with Lidstrom's banner.

You might want to try reaching out to the Wings directly.

EDIT: Oops, misread your question -- but I would ask Clark from DetroitHockey.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I'm planning same kind of Man Cave with printed wallpaper. That's quite cheap nowadays. :)

One wall could include those retired numbers, one wall is dedicated for Darren McCarty vs. Claude Lameux -turtle incident. etc... :D

But also I will have some hanging Wings jerseys on the roof, I currently have Yzerman, Lidström, Konstantinov, Fedorov, Datsyuk, Zetterberg and hasek.

I also have Finnish favourite hockey team Tappara Tampere and it would also include their legendary moments (as printed wallpaper), retired numbers and jerseys. Their colors are same as Detroit Tigers Blue/White/Orange, so it was quite funny to visit at Detroit and at Tigers fan shop. Lots of "Tappara" material. :laugh:

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Is this what you're looking for?

W1Mq8Uu.jpg

v9bhO9x.jpg

jud9eBg.jpg

GE5MdAn.jpg

y8G1ukb.jpg

QcyQ7Rv.jpg

1gnuIDQ.jpg

Double check the names and years for mistakes, I had to make them from scratch and I did them pretty quick so its possible I might have made a mistake on them.

Last edited:

aFish

blub blub blub
Jun 23, 2014
Ontario
Is this what you're looking for?

W1Mq8Uu.jpg

v9bhO9x.jpg

jud9eBg.jpg

GE5MdAn.jpg

y8G1ukb.jpg

QcyQ7Rv.jpg

1gnuIDQ.jpg

Double check the names and years for mistakes, I had to make them from scratch and I did them pretty quick so its possible I might have made a mistake on them.

That's exactly what I was looking for!

You're the man Flashy, thanks a ton!

aFish

blub blub blub
Jun 23, 2014
Ontario
For anyone who was interested in seeing what they'd look like framed...

hMJavsT.jpg

1QquJpB.jpg

SPFpSTd.jpg

Cheap Dollar store frames I'll likely replace eventually.
Also, printed from Walmart photo center, might get a better quality 8x10 elsewhere...

I think they came out pretty good, though. Again, huge thanks to Flashy!!

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Looks great. Nice idea. Flashy deserves a 6 pack at least. There's going to be folks copying your framing idea since it looks so sharp and it's so damn cheap.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
That looks great! I am still trying to get used to #5 and #19. My childhood, where did the time go :(

theute19

Dec 14, 2015
I just want to throw a big shout out to aFish & FlashyG for doing the hard work for me.

I just finished renovating my basement space, and had independently thought of this idea...lo and behold, it was already done! I was only able to track down 5 frames of the style that I was looking for, but once I have the other two...or maybe 3 (Aurie worth doing?? Official then unofficial...), I can post pics too.

Thanks again for the leg work. Much appreciated!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad