Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Reactions: Cyborg Yzerberg

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Isn't his name Brayden?

I'm sick of millennials and all their "rhymes with Ayden" names.

Grumble grumble.
I'm sick of gender ambiguous names like Ayden, Camden, Brook, whatever.

I once taught a ski lesson, had the lesson sheet, couldn't figure out if I was teaching boys or girls or something in between. The whole freakin' group...

… and stay off my lawn, damn it!!!

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I would move quite a bit for Point personally. Something like AA + Cholowski + Veleno. Sure that kills your depth, but you now have two 23 year old ~ppg centers who can be here for the next 8-10 years. Do that, any most of the your resources moving forward can be used to fix the defense long term.

For Point, that’s not quite a bit. That’s the bare minimum to not get laughed off the phone. And even then, I think Briesbois just answers the call and listens cause it’s his old boss and then hangs up and wonders if he was just prankes

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
It's actually stunning that people still pay attention to Eklund.

I know right, he must have the HF owners dirty secrets or something to even still have a tag as a "source"! Every time I see a rumour was from him, I say to myself, "well, that is one trade or signing that isn't happening!"

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I would move quite a bit for Point personally. Something like AA + Cholowski + Veleno. Sure that kills your depth, but you now have two 23 year old ~ppg centers who can be here for the next 8-10 years. Do that, any most of the your resources moving forward can be used to fix the defense long term.

I'd do this. Leaves the team with Zadina/Mantha/Bertuzzi/Rasmussen plus the two centers you mentioned to build the top two lines around.

Develop a few more guys we just drafted and use some money this next off-season on defense and things start to shape up quickly.

Last edited:

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
For Point, that’s not quite a bit. That’s the bare minimum to not get laughed off the phone. And even then, I think Briesbois just answers the call and listens cause it’s his old boss and then hangs up and wonders if he was just prankes

I never said they would accept it, they probably wouldn't......I even said as much in a Point thread on the main boards a few weeks ago (if you don't believe me). The Lightning aren't going to accept a collection of lesser pieces for Point....but that's about the highest I would be willing to go from the Red Wings perspective. If that's not enough, so be it.

It's definitely quite a bit from the Red Wings' perspective, which is all that matters in the context of the statement I made (that it would kill our depth of prospects/young players).

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
No team will offer an exact equal of value player today.

Tampas goal, if they ever did make such a trade, would be to acquire enough good younger assets/picks who one day would provide more

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Nope

Are we sure he simply isn't a product of playing with or behind kucherov and Stamkos?

Giving away multiple high end pieces plus a 1st is assine.

He's probably not quite a 40 goal/90 point player without playing on Kucherov's line, but he's a damn good player regardless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->