Speculation: Wings signing college/CHL/Europe FA's

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Lashoff might have had his best season in GRG, same with Aubrey. I am not sure who we'll keep - as Turgeon C, Villi D, Svech C, & Hicketts will most likely be with GRG or TW

Aubrey > Nosek?
Coreau & Paterson > McCollum?
Cleary retire

I do not know if these players are in DRW or GWG future plans:
Callahan & Campbell ??
Anderson??

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Can they look more North American for once? Seems like whenever they look in Europe, we get the same kind of player all around, small in size, passiveness, etc.

And no, I don't mean in the history of the franchise, I just mean the last 5 or 6 years or so.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Can they look more North American for once? Seems like whenever they look in Europe, we get the same kind of player all around, small in size, passiveness, etc.

And no, I don't mean in the history of the franchise, I just mean the last 5 or 6 years or so.

Dekeyser, Glendening, Coreau, Russo? Not to mention a few others. The team signs North American free agents all the time.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

What does that mean?

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
I think Vesey will end up in Tranna or Boston. Not a fan of the way he welched on his word to the Preds.

Meaning what, saying that he wants to continue playing in Harvard and ends up in Detroit a year later?

I wonder if the Wings have any interest in Vadim Shipachyov... Apparently he's asked SKA to terminate his contact. Arguably one of the best if not best player outside the NHL.

Could u extend on that, in regards to style of play, strengths and weaknesses?

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Dekeyser, Glendening, Coreau, Russo? Not to mention a few others. The team signs North American free agents all the time.
Only 2 of those are regulars, I'd like to see more become regulars is what I was saying.

What does that mean?
It means they need more regulars in the lineup from Canada & USA, which oddly enough, both of them combined, equal...North America. (In hockey terms)

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
That description on EP.com is quite accuracate, however I think his 2-way game is underrated.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Meaning what, saying that he wants to continue playing in Harvard and ends up in Detroit a year later?

Meaning Nashville fully supported him attaining his degree with assurances he would sign with them only to have the little weasel screw them over.

His dad has connections to the Leafs, Boston is the hometown team. No way he comes to Motown.

KasperTheGrittyGhost

Jan 12, 2008
Michigan
Meaning Nashville fully supported him attaining his degree with assurances he would sign with them only to have the little weasel screw them over.

His dad has connections to the Leafs, Boston is the hometown team. No way he comes to Motown.

Little weasel? The guy is exercising his rights under the CBA. Nothing sneaky about it. Just because a team drafts a player, that action does not in any way forcibly compel a player to sign there.

Where do you think he made a bad career move? Is getting a degree from Havard a bad decision? Is pursuing the best possible employment opportunity a bad decision? Vesey is beating the game. Hating on him is silly.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
When they ask you before the TDL and you tell them that you are signing with them...and they don't make moves at the deadline to purposesly leave you the top 6 role they've saved for you...and then you go back on your word weeks later?

Weasel isn't strong enough a word.

People need to stop treating this like a simple "hey he can do it so why not" scenario. That's not the issue. It's the blatant lie. All so he can go to a franchise that put his daddy on the payroll

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
When they ask you before the TDL and you tell them that you are signing with them...and they don't make moves at the deadline to purposesly leave you the top 6 role they've saved for you...and then you go back on your word weeks later?

Weasel isn't strong enough a word.

People need to stop treating this like a simple "hey he can do it so why not" scenario. That's not the issue. It's the blatant lie. All so he can go to a franchise that put his daddy on the payroll

And it's his right...Why not get to choose where he wand to play.N guarantees he ends up n Toronto as he could end up in Boston too

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
Just because its his right, doesn't make it right though. (see what I did there?) if he didn't want to look like an butthole he could have told them no, he wasn't going to sign. At least then they could make a move to help their team. He totally screwed them over.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Little weasel? The guy is exercising his rights under the CBA. Nothing sneaky about it. Just because a team drafts a player, that action does not in any way forcibly compel a player to sign there.

Where do you think he made a bad career move? Is getting a degree from Havard a bad decision? Is pursuing the best possible employment opportunity a bad decision? Vesey is beating the game. Hating on him is silly.

I don't believe you saw me mention getting his degree was a bad idea. Not sure why you chose that as part of your argument.

If he wanted to have his choice of places to play he could have skipped the draft or been honest with Nashville in that he didn't want to sign with them. I'm sure you have little regard for people who have gone back on their word to you. Lying is sneaky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->