Confirmed with Link: Wings sign Larkin to 5 year deal (6.1 AAV)

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
There are two possible lockout seasons, 2020-21 and 2022-23. Either side can cancel the CBA in the earlier year I believe.

yup, though i don't think NHL/NHLPA has that big issues that lockout is a lock in 2020 but it's still a possibility, maybe even a strong one.

that is why many get their money in signing bonuses, especially UFAs. larkin had less leverage and only gets 1M in signing bonuses.

HockeyinHD

Semi-retired former active poster.
Jun 18, 2006
Dekeyser's contract also has a similar, although far less pronounced, blip in it at the same time as Larkin's, and Detroit also does not currently have a contract on the books whose salary increases in that year.

Huh. Now I'm intrigued. They think something is up.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Dekeyser's contract also has a similar, although far less pronounced, blip in it at the same time as Larkin's, and Detroit also does not currently have a contract on the books whose salary increases in that year.

Huh. Now I'm intrigued. They think something is up.
The players like this as they won't lose as much $$ if their contracts were an average each year and the NHL asked the teams to not have bonuses in those years. TML didn't listen and made Tavares' pay almost entirely a bonus in those years

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
If there's a lockout players don't get paid. It's just insurance in case there's a lockout the player will have the least impact on his salary.

If it tells is anything, it's that Holland thinks an opt out is more likely than it expiring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad