Confirmed with Link: Wings sign Larkin to 5 year deal (6.1 AAV)

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Oh what a day!!!!!

Finally, so very little maneuvering necessary. Just need to find out about Hank.

masta8

Apr 26, 2018
Awesome news! Ready to watch 71 continue to improve this season and become a leader on this team. Also, I like the AAV and the term a lot...KH has had his best off season in a long time imo.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
I don't like the term, but super happy he's been signed.

What kind of maneuvering needs to happen now, beyond the Franzen-LTIR move?

Reactions: Winger98

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Happy he's signed. Think it's a fair deal. I was hoping we would get at least 6 years, I know we were pushing for that. Larkin has himself in a nice spot negotiating a purely UFA deal at 25/26 years old.

Last edited:

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Best guess would be having Zadina start the year in Grand Rapids, and waiving either Frk or Witkowski. Doing those, then putting Franzen on LTIR, should get them under the cap, and still allow Rasmussen to start the year with Detroit.
This is basically it right here. I think Frk + Witter is just barely too cheap (with Hank playing)

Lovonov

Jun 7, 2018
I like this deal because whether he is ACTUALLY defined as a league wide/renowned 1C is partially irrelevant. What he is to the Detroit Red Wings IS a 1C and if thats true, 6m for a 1c is great.

Reactions: Konnan511

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
I would've loved a 6th year but who knows if he wanted more aav then or not since it's another ufa year.

Either way good deal, glad he signed. Him and mantha together should have some damn good seasons.

Reactions: marcmadsen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->