• Thread starter A Good Flying Bird*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

crakced

Mar 4, 2002
Saskatoon
Visit site
He was a Habs draft pick back in 2001 7th round 171st overall. They did not sign him in the offseason as he showed little progression from when he was drafted and he was another small forward - which Montreal has plenty of.

He was invited to Ottawa's rookie camp and he looked good for them from what I read on HF, but they didn't sign him. He went back to the OHL as an overager and put up much better numbers than the year before. Which is likely why the wings signed him. That is about all I know.

Mike8

Jun 24, 2002
Visit site
I didn't like the fact that Montreal didn't sign Himelfarb.

He's an offense-first forward in juniors who's versatile with a good enough work ethic to change his game in order to make it in pro hockey. He won't make the NHL based on his skill, but he's improved his quickness and his skating leaps and bounds over the last two years.

Himelfarb will play a feisty, gritty game, and he'll adapt his game when it's necessary. He has a good level of hockey sense and I can see him developing into a quality bottom six forward. It's a longshot, but he's a likeable player and at the very least will provide some depth in the minors.

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
He played in his 1st game with the Griffins last night and scored a goal. A poster on another board who was at the game said he is small, but very fast. And in only a few steps is at full speed. Even though he is small wasn't shy about mixing it up. And laid a few good checks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->