Confirmed with Link: Wings sign Dominik Kubalik (2 years x $2.5 m per)

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Too many top 6 wingers. It's a nice problem to have - for a change.

It is. I don't like the idea of dumping depth but we can get ourselves into a cap crunch if one of them isn't traded in the near future. Or there might be a team IN a cap crunch or in tear-down modethat would take Vrana+ in a trade for one of their big guns.

Also, trading one of Vrana or Bert is also based on the premise that Berggren is finally given a chance to be a top 9 guy in Detroit and succeeds.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Yeah i don't think you can, unless he goes super cold.

Guess they'll have to slot either Vrana or Perron on the third line?

Third line will look pretty good when Fabri get back.
Vrana probably won't be back until late in the season at which point it won't make sense to break up lines. Also, he should be put into a low stress situation (as low as you can for the NHL), so I'd put him on the 4th line.

The "4th" line will be some mix of Fabbri/Suter/Veleno/Zadina/Vrana. Elmer probably gets sent down, and the "3rd" line winds up being Erne/Raz/Sunny.

If everyone manages to stay healthy, I really think this team can make the playoffs. Unfortunately, I think the probability of the team staying healthy is very low.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
It is. I don't like the idea of dumping depth but we can get ourselves into a cap crunch if one of them isn't traded in the near future. Or there might be a team IN a cap crunch or in tear-down modethat would take Vrana+ in a trade for one of their big guns.

Also, trading one of Vrana or Bert is also based on the premise that Berggren is finally given a chance to be a top 9 guy in Detroit and succeeds.

Trade either, bring up Berggren.

I would think that either one would bring back a 2023 1st plus something ok.

If Berggren falls flat on his face, is what it is...

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Trade either, bring up Berggren.

I would think that either one would bring back a 2023 1st plus something ok.

If Berggren falls flat on his face, is what it is...

If Berggren turns into Taro Hirose then that would suck. But the silver lining is this: decent winger UFAs in 2023 and a couple centers.

Timo Meier - W
Bo Horvat - C
Alex Killorn - W
Miles Wood - W (having a decent start with 5 goals in 13 games)
David Pastrnak - W (if the Bs have problems with their cap)
JVR - W
Vlad Tarasenko - W
Ryan O'Reilly - C
Evan Rodrigues - W

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
Vrana probably won't be back until late in the season at which point it won't make sense to break up lines. Also, he should be put into a low stress situation (as low as you can for the NHL), so I'd put him on the 4th line.

The "4th" line will be some mix of Fabbri/Suter/Veleno/Zadina/Vrana. Elmer probably gets sent down, and the "3rd" line winds up being Erne/Raz/Sunny.

If everyone manages to stay healthy, I really think this team can make the playoffs. Unfortunately, I think the probability of the team staying healthy is very low.
I'm interested to see what they look like when healthy also, whatever lines they end up going.

Getting curb stomped by the Bruins hesitant to say their a playoff team, but who knows. Still kinda early in the season.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
If Berggren turns into Taro Hirose then that would suck. But the silver lining is this: decent winger UFAs in 2023 and a couple centers.

Timo Meier - W
Bo Horvat - C
Alex Killorn - W
Miles Wood - W (having a decent start with 5 goals in 13 games)
David Pastrnak - W (if the Bs have problems with their cap)
JVR - W
Vlad Tarasenko - W
Ryan O'Reilly - C
Evan Rodrigues - W

Silver lining is the return on said players.

I don't want any of the players you listed.

They will all command a high salary/cap

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I'm interested to see what they look like when healthy also, whatever lines they end up going.

Getting curb stomped by the Bruins hesitant to say their a playoff team, but who knows. Still kinda early in the season.

The Bruins are running over everyone right now. League leading goal differential.

Being a playoff team just means you're in the top half. It's a pretty big jump between being #14 and competing with the top 5.

But like you said it's definitely early. Much yet to develop. At least we have something exciting to look forward to with those returning forwards.

Reactions: norrisnick

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
Yeah ture, how they fare against the Bruins probably isn't the best litmus test.

Will be interesting to see if they're in a playoff spot two weeks from now. May start to get excited then.

I'm so used to disappointment over the past few years though, I'm tempering my expectations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad