GDT: wings @ sharks 11/16 10:30 Game Day

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Solid tank win, kept confidence semi high but still lost. We are sticking near the bottom of the barrel, while the guys are performing a bit better.. This should be what we hope for the rest of the year.

Think Mantha had a lazy game, he's a game breaker but after his goalie interference call he really took a back seat, it's 2 minutes.. Take the penalty and do the same play next time. 9 out of 10 times that play has a positive result.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Yeah, i'll take loser points vs the shit we watched for nearly a month.
We needed those clean losses and all... if we just go a bit south of loser-point 500 the rest of the way, we'll be in the running for a top 4-5 pick

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
tbh Nielsen's never been all hat good in shootouts for us. We started actually winning them the year he came but he didn't score in a lot of them iirc

Yup. And he was advertised for his shootout prowess nonstop when we acquired him.

Should have had the two points. Close chances in OT and a bad powerplay. One point against San Hosay is not bad, though.

San Jose doesn’t even have a winning record. They’re bottom third of the pack right now.

Last edited:

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Frans Nielsen watch:

17 games 0 goals 0 assists -6 +/-

2 more years left on his six-year deal at $5.25 million. Making him the second highest paid forward on the team behind Larkin and the third highest paid player on the entire team.

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
Yup. And he was advertised for his shootout prowess nonstop when we him.

San Jose doesn’t even have a winning record. They’re bottom third of the pack right now.
Well, we're the worst team in the league, so you could say what I said about every opponent. :)

Reactions: Reddwit

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
Frans Nielsen watch:

2 more years left on his six-year deal at $5.25 million. Making him the second highest paid forward on the team behind Larkin and the third highest paid player on the entire team.
And he's wearing Calvin Johnson's number. Ouch.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Great game by AA.
Cholowski looking solid playing 24 minutes tonight.
Flip had a good game.
Nice first goal by Hirose.
Fabbri making Yzerman look like a genius.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
- top line played a great 200' game without scoring
- chowski looked better tonite , getting my hopes back
- flip doing his job now as vet leader
- amazing how quickly aa can accelerate
- larkin made so many excellent puck possesion plays tonite , amazing player worth the price of admission

Reactions: Sentinel

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Well, we're the worst team in the league, so you could say what I said about every opponent. :)

True! But I saw a couple other comments implying that the Sharks are a good team and just wanted to out it out there that they’re running really flat this year.

Reactions: DatsDeking

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
Blash was probably going with the hot hand and rewarding AA for the 2 goals.

I was joking earlier that they ought to go 5 forwards on the PP, and they went with all forwards on the 4 on 3, so that was a pretty funny.
i know thats what blash was thinking too , bad idea though because thats a passers situation there and like aa twice the skater of fabs ,fabs is twice the passer as aa . game woulda ended there with fabs in

Reactions: Gniwder

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Frans Nielsen watch:

Yes, he's a bad player and will be gone soon.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Very good game, great to see them play with so much speed tonight. Really liked cholowski and Bowey they played really well on this trip. Would be nice to see this team with a healthy d-core

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
The loss is strictly on Howard, he should only play when the team plays back to back.

All and all, it was a very good game by our AHL defense and the team played to a system instead of chasing the puck carrier, but it still happened a few times. Hicketts played his best game of the season. I didn't notice Biega at all, which is good. Bowey still had a couple of passes intercepted, I think he underestimates the opponent's speed. He also doesn't saucer passes, making it easier to intercept.

McIlrath knocked a guy down in the crease without drawing a penalty. I think there's a chance he'll get claimed if the WIngs try to send him down. He looks to be an adequate third pair, and he's right handed. Skating has improved, and he's faster than Ericsson has been for the last 5 years.
Hirose played much better, actually won a puck battle, engaged more often. Goal from the slot, an area he usually avoids. Perfect placement on the shot, he knew he had tons of time.

Perlini has no shot placement at all, doesn't look like he'll be much more than a third liner.

PP should be Bertuzzi on the half wall and Fabbri in the slot. That puts Larkin as net front, but I'd rather see than then putting him on PP2.

Fabbri is awesome, all of the sudden we have a second line. Nice game by AA obviously. Finally seems to be over his injury, he was at full speed today.

Reactions: Sentinel

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
True! But I saw a couple other comments implying that the Sharks are a good team and just wanted to out it out there that they’re running really flat this year.
They're on a 7 game winning streak, they started the season poorly because of goaltending issues. Every goal today was from poor defense though, our AHL D played better than their starters.

They have just as much issues playing to a system as our team, 4 players went puck chasing leaving Hirose wide open in the slot for an easy goal. Got burned by AA's speed on one goal, 2 on 1 on his other goal. SJ's defense is crap.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Solid effort, considering our D was held together with a lick and a promise. Nice to see Hirose get one and AA pot a pair. Nielsen is just a big yikes. I hope we can trade his contract away...would help both him and the Wings to move on.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
This is just a quick thought i don't want to make a whole Thing out of it.

If a guy like AA scores a bunch until other teams adjust and stop him

But then the other teams all play a more cautious game with d always back

But then the RWs have more space and can play a better game overall and maybe win more because of it

That's not going on the stat sheet in sense but that's a benefit provided by AA.

Reactions: decaguard

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Frans Nielsen watch:

Kenneth Holland to thank for this.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Frans Nielsen watch:

17 games, 0/0 g/a

That is horrendous.

Reactions: iDangleDangle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->