GDT: Wings/sens 11/19

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I really don’t understand why Adam “0 points” Erne are is playing over players like Svechnikov

How many guys on this team are actually Yzerman guys... I mean they did let Blashill scratch him though so that part is good.

I liked Erne a lot in his draft year, even as a bit player in Tampa, but it has been a real struggle. I liked the gamble by Yzerman, but some of these guys need to start paying the price for where their games are currently at. Hirose, Erne, Perlini soon enough. Nielsen probably isn't getting demoted but I would throw him in there. I mean these are guys that Helm and Abdelkader (when they are healthy) are actually outplaying, not good stuff.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Yes, he got him right above the glove that was intentional, the audio picked up him yelling. It was well placed and good for Larkin, still disappointed none of his teammates are doing anything but glad he gave that plug a shot.
Yep, I replayed it & Borowiecki yelled "F**k" as he shook his glove in pain, then Larkin cross-checked him in the back right before Mantha scored.

In a blowout game, losing by say 3G or more, with <3min left, I'd greenlight McIlrath to start wrecking players like Borowiecki, Tkachuk, Marchand & known cheapshot artists. It'd keep 'em a bit more honest the next game. A few punches to the face/KO's ought to get 'er done. And if they pull the same crap (inevitably) in the next game(s), they get a bigger beatdown by the Wrath! Bring on the Wrath!

Last edited:

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Green left the game with an upper body injury. I assume Hicketts gets called back up.

Already done that, Biega is still with the team.

How many guys on this team are actually Yzerman guys... I mean they did let Blashill scratch him though so that part is good.

I liked Erne a lot in his draft year, even as a bit player in Tampa, but it has been a real struggle. I liked the gamble by Yzerman, but some of these guys need to start paying the price for where their games are currently at. Hirose, Erne, Perlini soon enough. Nielsen probably isn't getting demoted but I would throw him in there. I mean these are guys that Helm and Abdelkader (when they are healthy) are actually outplaying, not good stuff.

That Hirose/Nielsen/Perlini line is award winning.

41s1fKHKE6L._SX425_.jpg

Reactions: 14ari13 and Gniwder

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Yep, I replayed it & Borowiecki yelled "F**k" as he shook his glove in pain, then Larkin cross-checked him in the back right before Mantha scored.

In a blowout game, losing by say 3G or more, with <3min left, I'd greenlight McIlrath to start wrecking players like Borowiecki, Tkachuk, Marchand & known cheapshot artists. It'd keep 'em a bit more honest the next game. A few punches to the face/KO's ought to get 'er done. And if they pull the same crap (inevitably) in the next game(s), they get a bigger beatdown by the Wrath! Bring on the Wrath!

There isn't a scenario that I wouldn't support wrecking Marchand wicked good.

Reactions: RedMenace

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I thought we regrouped to often and need to move the puck quicker, we need to be going north...

For those of you that love to ping the stationary ideas and the circle backs as Blashill philosophies, well there you have it, he doesn't like it... :laugh:

Also took a pretty good shot at the group as he left the podium. Usually he kind of avoids it that way, just thought that was interesting out of Blashill.

Last edited:

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Missed this one but I'm glad to see if they're gonna lose they did it in regulation. No loser points.

Also Nielsen with nothing but donuts and still getting his butt kicked in the faceoff dot. Can't wait til he goes on a tear in the meaningless games at the end of the season.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I didn't get to watch the whole game 'cause I was running errands, but watching the highlights, it doesn't look like any of the goals were Bernie's fault.

Some seriously horrible D tonight. Need to get Nemeth and DDK healthy then convert Bowey to a forward.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Much needed regulation loss. No joke. The team has been winning/getting points too much for my liking.

yeah we've come up with a big regulation L two games in a row against Ottawa this already, will pay dividends towards the end of the season

Reactions: NotLeddy

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Just watched the highlights. Man did Duclair kill the Wings tonight. Perlini had a nice seat for Duclair's first goal.

and man oh man Nielsen doesn't score on a 2 on 0. Nice to see Fabbri, Mantha and Flip scoring though.

Reactions: Sentinel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->