Recalled/Assigned: Wings send Svechnikov back to GR

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie

How to treat a prospect in the biggest year of his career.... Oh you worked hard to come off a destroyed knee. Sorry kid, we can't score so we are gonna play you 7 minutes a game while Abby and Helm get chances, send you down before you can see your family and play your brother. Enjoy Grand Rapids.

Why not send Ehn or De La Rose or someone useless down? Heck even Hirose. Really don't get their approach with him. Seems like a hard worker and a talented kid.

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Kind of a classless move. I wonder if he slept with Blash’s wife or something to be getting such awful treatment.

Reactions: Lil Bert

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Why not send Ehn or De La Rose or someone useless down? Heck even Hirose. Really don't get their approach with him. Seems like a hard worker and a talented kid.
Ehn and DLR would have to clear waivers, EHn probably would but DLR might get picked up. DLR has been playing well anyways.

Hirose should have been the one sent down with a case of steroids. Needs to get stronger.

The Wizard of Oz

Feb 24, 2013
Michigan
I say this without cynicism, I think it’s pretty clear management is not looking to win right now. Getting a top 3 pick is priority. It’s hard to take as a Wings fan but the day was coming.

Reactions: SirloinUB

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
How to treat a prospect in the biggest year of his career.... Oh you worked hard to come off a destroyed knee. Sorry kid, we can't score so we are gonna play you 7 minutes a game while Abby and Helm get chances, send you down before you can see your family and play your brother. Enjoy Grand Rapids.

This is why I want blashill fired. His lineups are absolutely terrible.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I say this without cynicism, I think it’s pretty clear management is not looking to win right now. Getting a top 3 pick is priority. It’s hard to take as a Wings fan but the day was coming.
Then why would Stevie trade for Perlini?

I don't mind if the team loses, but I expect the games to be watchable. That means they need to score goals.

The other thing that bothers me is that Svech is waiver eligible next season, and it's almost 100% certain that he will be claimed if he hits waivers (by Carolina of course). Might as well play him now and see what he's got. He certainly looked more like an NHLer than Hirose and has more moves than Helm, Abby, LGD, DLR, Erne, and Ehn combined.

The only plausible explanation to this is they want to give him huge ice time in GR. God forbid we take ice time away from Ehn, Hirose, Abby, and all of the other high scoring wingers on this team.

Reactions: Jon Cusack

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
If you don't get it, you just won't understand hockey operations. Or at least, you might be wrong person for hockey management.

It was Helm and Abdelkader playing extremely well on their line, not just "getting their chance".

Funny how you guys try to turn things_which_are_exactly_happening for things_which_aren't_happening or are just wishful_thinking.

This insane populism has really gone out of hand when off-ice things seems to become more important than on-ice things. Get ****ing real.

I'm glad Yzerman operates this team and not any lunatic from this board.

ARE YOU REALLY THINKING IN HERE THAT EVERY ****ING MOVE WE DO ARE THE EXACT OPPOSITE WHAT WE SHOULD DO WHEN HOCKEY PROFESSIONALS ARE DOING THESE MOVES WITH DECADES OF EXPERIENCE ?

Get ****ing real.

Svechnikov can meet his little brother and mom (who lives with Andrei) on thursday. Being at Griffins does not prevent that.
theres so many dullard egomaniacs metro detroit these days its terrible , should try driving on these roads crawling with them racing around and brainless . ego tripping wing fans here are a good example as they display no respect for steve yzermans opinions on how to run a hockey team , they know better than steve yzerman and everybody else on every topic !

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Ehn and DLR would have to clear waivers, EHn probably would but DLR might get picked up. DLR has been playing well anyways.

Hirose should have been the one sent down with a case of steroids. Needs to get stronger.

Forgot about that, even if DLR is picked up.. Does it matter much? I can't see him being in the plans after this year, Ehn has also yet to show much potential besides a PK'er. Although I give credit to both, they work hard and do the jobs they are asked.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Well if they're not going to play him I guess it's good he'll get real ice time in the minors. I thought he looked good in his callup for the 10 shifts he got to play each game.

Reactions: Lil Bert

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Blash didn't make the call to send him down.

Won’t speculate about what we don’t know, but what we do know is he short shifted him every game he was called up for. I can make the assumption that this is one of the main reasons why he’s being sent down.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Complete slap in the face to him. He looked great, in the limited minutes that Blash put him on the ice.

What has Hirose done to earn his NHL spot that Svech hasn't? Hirose has looked bad, and he is getting more ice time than Svech...I honestly just don't get it.

Hopefully he's back up soon, he's a hard-worker and deserves it.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Forgot about that, even if DLR is picked up.. Does it matter much? I can't see him being in the plans after this year, Ehn has also yet to show much potential besides a PK'er. Although I give credit to both, they work hard and do the jobs they are asked.
WIth a team this bad, every little bit matters. I'd waive Erne before DLR, DLR can play center and he's done a fair job as 4C, to the extent I would consider league average for that position. Ehn is an offensive black hole. It's a moot point because Ehn and Hirose should go before either of them.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Typical Trashill move he done the same to Cholo last year on the trip to Vancouver. I don't like him I'm sorry I think hes a dick.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie

I think DLR is the definition of a warm body, sure he holds his own as a 4th line center. Not saying Erne is a world beater but DLR, was waived by Montreal, and I don't think many teams if any would be looking his services if we were to waive him tomorrow. Nothing against the kid, just don't see him bringing much in terms of offense or grit, we have players that already occupy that role.

Reactions: wingerdinger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad