Wings rfa’s next season - do we extend them?

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
We need to trade AA in a package for a proven D.

Some 26-year-old who will fit perfectly to our forward core, being a little bit older.
I disagree , first nobody will trade us a 26 yr old stud dman for AA’s single 30 goal season and second I believe we need someone younger to grow up with the kids like Larkin and zadina coming so ideally someone 20-22/23 , by the time we start winning consistently that dman will be close to 30 and on the decline

Again nobody will trade a surefire stud dman at this point, we need to get someone with serious upside who hasn’t done it yet I believe

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Yeah yeah, nobody will trade a stud defenceman. I've heard that thousand times.

Then Erik Karlsson got traded.
Then Bandon Montour got traded.
Then Jake Muzzin got traded.
Then Ryan McDonagh got traded.
Then Dougie Hamilton got traded.
Then Travis Hamonic got traded.
etc.

Open your eyes what's happening. There's trades everywhere. We just need our own moment to pull the trigger. There are teams going against cap problems, and defencemen trades would solve the problems.

Please don't never ever again come say to me that nobody is gonna trade a defenceman, because that's a lie.

And I also wrote "AA in a package", so you better learn to read, and not say that I proposed "AA's single 30 goals season for a defenceman". For christ sakes, what's wrong on this board?

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Yeah yeah, nobody will trade a stud defenceman. I've heard that thousand times.

Then Erik Karlsson got traded.
Then Bandon Montour got traded.
Then Jake Muzzin got traded.
Then Ryan McDonagh got traded.
Then Dougie Hamilton got traded.
Then Travis Hamonic got traded.
etc.

Open your eyes what's happening. There's trades everywhere. We just need our own moment to pull the trigger. There are teams going against cap problems, and defencemen trades would solve the problems.

Please don't never ever again come say to me that nobody is gonna trade a defenceman, because that's a lie.

And I also wrote "AA in a package", so you better learn to read, and not say that I proposed "AA's single 30 goals season for a defenceman". For christ sakes, what's wrong on this board?

eh, some of those names are not like the others. I'm fine with a 23 year old D as much as a 26 yr old one, depending on the D.

Athana see you later

Feb 9, 2019
Y’all are forgetting Bert scores three points in four straight games. Sign him. IMO his contract is going to look the best in a few years out of this crop of RFA’s

Athana see you later

Feb 9, 2019
eh, some of those names are not like the others. I'm fine with a 23 year old D as much as a 26 yr old one, depending on the D.
I think after next season one of these guys will be gone. It depends how well this years draft class, Berggrenn, and Svech do. If some of those guys can fill spots, suddenly we have a surplus of forwards. Then someone gets dealt.

Reactions: Henkka

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Not if he went to the same boxing school as his little brother!
Doesn't sound like Evgeny is any smarter than his brother. It's not smart to trade punches with a guy that big.

BTW, the league is supposedly taking action on his threat. Not sure what that means, possibly a fine?

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Hronek is the only RFA that is a roster player. He gets signed again, along with a few other prospects like Saarijavi (spelling?) Hicketts, and whoever. RFA's this off season aren't much to worry about.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Seriously some of those names are not even worth mentioning in fact almost all of them, Karlsson was dealt with one year left and he’s the best one by far and I wouldn’t trade AA for one year of a stud d

Hamilton,harmonic,muzzin.... ya no thank you

Only one I’d consider is montour and he just proved my point , that’s the kind of young dman who hasn’t fulfilled his potential yet , if he was getting 45-60 pts yearly you think the ducks would have dealt him?

Come on man

Lil Bert

Oct 14, 2018
I don't see why any of these RFA's would sign a year early. They're going to wait until the end of next season so they have more leverage in negotiations. It wouldn't make sense on either side tbh.
The wings don't want to sign them after one good year because there's risk that they fall back into not so important pieces.
The players want to get better point totals so they have a bigger contract.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
I don't see why any of these RFA's would sign a year early. They're going to wait until the end of next season so they have more leverage in negotiations. It wouldn't make sense on either side tbh.
The wings don't want to sign them after one good year because there's risk that they fall back into not so important pieces.
The players want to get better point totals so they have a bigger contract.
Well it’s a risk both sides right ? If AA goes back to 35-40 pts total he loses on money , Bert gets 10 and 35 pts and so on

If it makes sense both sides why not

Lil Bert

Oct 14, 2018
Well it’s a risk both sides right ? If AA goes back to 35-40 pts total he loses on money , Bert gets 10 and 35 pts and so on

If it makes sense both sides why not
I'm just guessing that these players don't think that they've peaked and want to prove more for a bigger contract. I don't see the point in re-signing RFA's a whole year in advance.
It's not worth the speculation this early.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
I'm just guessing that these players don't think that they've peaked and want to prove more for a bigger contract. I don't see the point in re-signing RFA's a whole year in advance.
It's not worth the speculation this early.
Well Larkin signed for a lot less than he would get now, I’m sure these kids would consider anything at this point

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
This summer I'd sign Bert 4.5m (max) x 5-6 yrs, Mantha 4.9m (max) x 5-6 yrs, AA 4.75 (max) x 5-6 yrs; NONE of them should include a NMC/NTC. I think all of them are 50-60pt/82 gp players next season barring injuries that hinder them throughout the season but still allow them to play 82gp.

Larkin 80-85 pts
Mantha/Bert/AA: 50-60 pts
Hirose 50pts
Nielsen 35-40pts

Assuming we don't sign any of Duchene, Hayes, Eberle, Lee or retread Nyquist, I think that's our Top 6. Too early to know if Zadina & Veleno are ready. Ras-NHL 3rd & 4th line duties.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->