Wings recall Matt Puempel

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
27 games is a pretty good shot, especially considering he's got a total of 80 games now. All combined, that's a full season. Most players don't even get that much of a chance, he got it because he's a first round pick.

Even the players we crap on like Helm, Abby, Glendenning, etc showed they were NHL players in less games. Not sue what weaknesses he had in the past, but there's obviously something that the Rangers didn't like.

I can give you many examples of players that it took a while to establish themselves as NHL players. 27 is not enough not even close.

There are all kind of players especially these days thriving on new teams for the simple fact they were given an opportunity.

Hockey is a game of politics where a guy like Jakub Kindl played 331 games and was given an opporunity right away to Tim Thomas not getting a chance until he was 31.

Btw Puempel looked really good in the game. He could have had 3 goals if not some great saves and a post. I say Detroit gives him a real shot...what have they got lose.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I can give you many examples of players that it took a while to establish themselves as NHL players. 27 is not enough not even close.

There are all kind of players especially these days thriving on new teams for the simple fact they were given an opportunity.

Hockey is a game of politics where a guy like Jakub Kindl played 331 games and was given an opporunity right away to Tim Thomas not getting a chance until he was 31.

Btw Puempel looked really good in the game. He could have had 3 goals if not some great saves and a post. I say Detroit gives him a real shot...what have they got lose.
79 games with 2 different teams. I'd call that a shot. That's all I said.

Yeah, the line looked good, but from what I can tell from the ^^itty stream I was watching, it was mostly a 4th line vs 4th line matchup so I'm not going to get too excited. He could wind up being the next Danny Cleary for all I know though.

Every job is a game of politics, unfortunately we're probably going to see more Abby than Peumpel next year, and I'd rather see any player over Abby at this point. The team is more watchable without him.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Peumpel got all of the defensive zone starts on the 2nd line tonight in lieu of Hirose, so he must have gained Blashill's trust to a certain degree though he did get the lowest TOI for a forward (they played 7D).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad