Ansar Khan: Wings recall Landon Ferraro; reassign Zach Nastasiuk to GR

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Ansar Khan – ‏@AnsarKhanMLive

Wings have recalled forward Landon Ferraro from Grand Rapids, where he has 42 points, including career-high 27 goals.
11:58 AM - 6 Apr 2015

Bob Duff – ‏@asktheduffer

#RedWings have reassigned RW Zach Nastasiuk from #OHL Owen Sound to #AHL Grand Rapids.
12:07 PM - 6 Apr 2015

So we have better options then cleary. Who knew???

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Ferraro? ugh... Looking forward to watching him get bowled over by NHLers again. Stupid call-up.

I hope he looks much better than last year. Think they needed to get someone up though, can't have Cleary as a regular, and Landon has played better than last year in GR. I hope he has gained weight since last year.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Ferraro? ugh... Looking forward to watching him get bowled over by NHLers again. Stupid call-up.

Really?

The guy has a whopping 4 NHL games under his belt, but I forgot both Tats and Sheahan (and all youngsters) immediately set the world on fire during their first call ups...wait a second

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 22m22 minutes ago
Ferraro is either injury insurance in case Datsyuk can't play (status to be determined after skate) or an option to replace healthy player.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010

he had a bad year in general last year though

so the question is did him sucking in his callup last year have anything to do with not being able to handle the NHL or was it more because he was playing sucky in general

he's doing much better this year and I guess we're about to find out

either way it's not like it really matters,even if he does suck it's just gonna amount to shuffling one sucky player out for another

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 22m22 minutes ago
Ferraro is either injury insurance in case Datsyuk can't play (status to be determined after skate) or an option to replace healthy player.

:laugh:

Well duh.

Please be Clears.

And Datsyuk looked fine to me out there. He better ****ing play.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
no no no , we don't need anybody who kills penalties and have a great speed

hot dog

Mar 20, 2013
Surprised they didn't call someone up who wouldn't have to go through waivers to go back down. I guess without roster limits they'll leave him up regardless? It'll hurt GR for the playoffs... but they will in all likelihood be adding Pulks and Jurco so whatever.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Surprised they didn't call someone up who wouldn't have to go through waivers to go back down. I guess without roster limits they'll leave him up regardless? It'll hurt GR for the playoffs... but they will in all likelihood be adding Pulks and Jurco so whatever.

They don't really have room for Ferraro next year with the contracts on the books, so I doubt they would care if someone picked him up. They might even be helping him audition for a job elsewhere, while adding some new blood to the team with guys out.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
If Datsyuk is out call someone else up to replace Cleary too. I think it would help the team to have two younger guys playing with some hunger to boost the team. Call up AA too.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
I've been expecting this callup for a while now. He's had a good year in GR. Time to give him another look. Like the speed and he likes to shoot

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Yeah. Holland should be fired because of this horrible mistake.

because players can't improve over the course of a year.....

Really?

The guy has a whopping 4 NHL games under his belt, but I forgot both Tats and Sheahan (and all youngsters) immediately set the world on fire during their first call ups...wait a second

I'll just let his play do the talking. He'll end up getting steamrolled his first shift.

But yup, we definitely need more "speed" guys who can hold onto the puck for less than a second at a time. One of the weakest players on the puck I've ever seen. This callup is really just a PR move just to say Holland gave him a chance before waiving him.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

Curious are you interested in sending Pulks down, he hasn't won a puck battle in weeks.

Ferraro is a great skater, a good pker and a righty that likes to shot the puck. Couple that with being in the top 5 in goals and this move should have happened before Cleary was ever reinserted.

He is an upgrade, he can actually handle the puck and establish a forecheck. Curious to see what he looks like this time around, he has been very good this year in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad