Recalled/Assigned: Wings Recall Joe Hicketts & Abby to IR (Back to GR 11/7)

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Who is injured on D that they need to bring up Hicketts? More of a precaution?

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
If Hicketts was just press-box fodder, I'd be more OK with this, but Seider has far and away been our best D-Man down on the farm.

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
Cholowski's play is no worse than someone like Green and Daley. Nice to see Little Joe come up though. I used to see Joe play in Victoria BC with the Royals. Hicketts has had a great start with Grand Rapids.

Reactions: Oddbob

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018
Cholowski has had his three strongest games of the season against Vancouver, Buffalo and St. Louis, 3 of the last 4 games. What the hell is this "not happy with his play" garbage? Bowey and Daley have both been a lot worse. This makes no sense whatsoever.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Cholo has ended up with a lot of minus, but I really doesn't feel like he's been that bad.

Oh well let Blashill have his fun. I don't mind Hicketts getting a shot.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Cholo looks B to B+ in the Ozone.
He looks D to F in the Dzone.

It's like two different guys.
In the Ozone, he's patient, mobile, poised and makes good decisions.
In the Dzone, he's scattered, often stationary and erratic, and makes bad decisions.
I honestly thought he shouldn't have started the season in Detroit. He has a lot of work to do yet on his defensive game.

Send him to GR to spend the year with Seider.

Reactions: TCNorthstars

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
It's good for Cholowski to sit and think some games. One way to learn.

Just completing the Yzerplan. Funny how Blashill gets a blaim when he is developing people.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
If it's a one game thing where he just sits to view a game from the press box for a different perspective (I have my doubts on the affect that has) then okay. If Cholowski gets sent down again, then I'm upset. I understand he's been bad in the dzone but at this point he's got to work on that in the NHL. He's also better than more than half our defense in the ozone. You know who's play they shouldn't be happy with? Hirose. But nobody wants to get on his case because he passed the puck to a hot AA 6 times last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad