GDT: Wings @ Rangers

masta8

Apr 26, 2018
Also, does anyone have Jimmy Howard's stats vs Rangers in his career? I don't think he never loses to them haha

Last edited:

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
What’s the deal with this meltdown, guys? Relax.

We’ve won 3 games in our last 15 games, we have the third best odds at this stage. Yeah it would be nice if we could make it to second or first, but I think it’s more redeeming that this team doesn’t f***ing quit and is willing to grind it out through the end of the season than if they were to pull the shit that LA is.

The rest of our games besides one are against teams markedly better than us, and we will likely be fine in terms of draft position.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Really annoying to see us rack up more detrimental points, especially bc NJ got hammered by Washington....

Oh well we should be getting pretty rekt from here on out.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
This is hardly any reason to panic, we didn't even pass New Jersey. If all of you had your way you'd have this team go 0-82 until we have a roster of top 4 picks.
I guess that's just the nature of things. It's cool to be a pessimist, even if it's stupid to do so.

Reactions: Hen Kolland

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Winning at this point is totally meaningless. The tank job is already done.

Last season I did get pissed of some wins, and man, when the draft came and when I did see how the players will be picked, I was even more mad for myself being mad of Red Wings winning. This year I won't care less, even though they would win all the games in the end.

There's just so many variables, first those lottery odds, and then teams in the draft go for their own favourites, and some 3rd ranked "zadinas" can be there at 6th-7th overall. Everybody will get their own 3rd overall from the list at 3-4-5-6-7-8 spots.

So, enjoy hockey and don't whine about wins. Celebrate when other tankers will win, that will put some money on our bank, but don't whine when Red Wings will do it. It has been rare joy on latest years and it has 0.000001% effect for our next drafted player.

[Mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Winning at this point is totally meaningless. The tank job is already done.

Last season I did get pissed of some wins, this year I don't care less, even though they would win all the games in the end.

There's just so many variables, first those lottery odds, and then team is draft go for their own favourites, and some 3rd ranked "zadinas" can be there at 6th-7th overall.

Enjoy hockey and don't whine about wins. Celebrate when other tankers will win, but don't whine when Red Wings will do it. It has been rare joy on latest years and it has 0.000001% effect on our next drated player.
It's not like it will affect the caliber of player that much either (in my view). Hughes and Kakko are obviously 1 and 2 but the odds of those two are low even if your the worst team. The guys after that are interchangeable in many peoples eyes, so they're all similar prospects. I know statistically there's a difference but if the Wings have let's say Turcotte at 3 and we pick him at 6 we still got him. Team's draft boards are super variable after the consensus top 2.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
It's not like it will affect the caliber of player that much either (in my view). Hughes and Kakko are obviously 1 and 2 but the odds of those two are low even if your the worst team. The guys after that are interchangeable in many peoples eyes, so they're all similar prospects. I know statistically there's a difference but if the Wings have let's say Turcotte at 3 and we pick him at 6 we still got him. Team's draft boards are super variable after the consensus top 2.
And if the Wings draft at 6 and Turcotte goes at 3... yeah.

All aboard the Dach/Boldy/Podkolzin excitement train! If we're lucky we can get a winger or a zero pace big guy because size amirite

Reactions: taliababa

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
And if the Wings draft at 6 and Turcotte goes at 3... yeah.

All aboard the Dach/Boldy/Podkolzin excitement train! If we're lucky we can get a winger or a zero pace big guy because size amirite

You do realize that whoever we draft is immediately a player likely on par with Zadina, right? Turcotte goes at 3, okay, we will draft Cozens or Byram or Dach or Krebs or Podkolzin or Zegras. All are top notch prospects, and we will likely be in the running for Lafrenière next year.

The goal is to draft and develop top tier players. There’s a real possibility that one of those players you selectively listed end up being even better than Hughes or Kakko. We can hope for lottery luck, but unfortunately we can never force it to yield favorable results.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
You do realize that whoever we draft is immediately a player likely on par with Zadina, right? Turcotte goes at 3, okay, we will draft Cozens or Byram or Dach or Krebs or Podkolzin or Zegras. All are top notch prospects, and we will likely be in the running for Lafrenière next year.

The goal is to draft and develop top tier players. There’s a real possibility that one of those players you selectively listed end up being even better than Hughes or Kakko. We can hope for lottery luck, but unfortunately we can never force it to yield favorable results.
Yeah, but the goal is not to draft and develop exclusively top tier wingers. Not that they've actually done that, even though they've tried. This team needs to draft a center or a defenseman.

And preferably not Kirby Dach.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Yeah, but the goal is not to draft and develop exclusively top tier wingers. Not that they've actually done that, even though they've tried.

I get that, but Hughes is probably a 50/50 shot to be a winger, no? At least in my eyes he’s closer to 50/50. Kakko is almost assuredly a winger, even though he has the versatility.

I think you and I can both agree that we are missing game breaking talent up front and on the back end. We have about 1 quality NHL scoring lines right now, and maybe 1 quality top 4 NHL defenseman on the roster. Even if we build an abundance of high end to elite wingers, it’s still something we don’t have right now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->