Wings prepare for key home and home series

Status
Not open for further replies.

HFNHL Red Wings

Critics have temporarily been silenced in the motor city with the improved play of the team. The acquisition of Sean Burke and a few minor line tweaks has not only reversed the team’s free fall but has in fact allowed them to climb back to 4th spot in the Western conference.
At this juncture the only possibility way to climb any further is to catch and pass the division leading Jackets who currently have a five point lead which makes tonight’s home and home series so important.
While Detroit has been 3-0 versus the Jackets this season those games were all played early in the season. Since then there has been a reversal in fortunes as well as significant personnel change for both teams and as such all bets are off on who may come out ahead in the final 3 meetings.

While GM Niece expressed confidence is his ability to counter his opponents lineup he was not above hedging his bets. In a pre-emptive move GM Niece has called upon and made the appropriate offers to Lord Bufu in hopes he may jinx the Blue Jackets.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
HFNHL Red Wings said:
While GM Niece expressed confidence is his ability to counter his opponents lineup he was not above hedging his bets. In a pre-emptive move GM Niece has called upon and made the appropriate offers to Lord Bufu in hopes he may jinx the Blue Jackets.

Isn't that a clothing line? :sarcasm:

Bring it on, Drewskie!

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Tough-fought matches, both of them, but the Jackets came away with 3 points. I'll take it.

Looks like you dodged two bullets, as injuries to Van Ryn and Knuble were not enough to take them out of your lineup. Hey, we tried! :D

HFNHL Red Wings

Grumble, grumble ... it's two parts eye of newt and one part wolfbane ... grumble ... 'til next time ... grumble.

HFNHL Red Wings

Ohio Jones said:
Looks like you dodged two bullets, as injuries to Van Ryn and Knuble were not enough to take them out of your lineup. Hey, we tried! :D

Not completely. I play the Bruins tonight and with Burke fatigued (down to 95) and Van Ryn and Knuble playing hurt I'll probably have to rest all three so as not to risk long term injuries.

First I lose to you and now I have to essentially conceed the game to Kruegs :cry:

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
HFNHL Red Wings said:
Not completely. I play the Bruins tonight and with Burke fatigued (down to 95) and Van Ryn and Knuble playing hurt I'll probably have to rest all three so as not to risk long term injuries.

First I lose to you and now I have to essentially conceed the game to Kruegs :cry:

Don't do that! You've got to stop his points streak before it reaches 18 games!

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Don't worry, I took over submitting the Bruins lines over the last two weeks and Kruegs is back in the the next few days, so the Bruins will come back to earth once he's back at the helm.

Now if I could only have such a positive impact on my own team...

HFNHL Red Wings

Dr.Sens(e) said:
Now if I could only have such a positive impact on my own team...

Well I would think that going 5-1 since the loss of of that overrated bum Thornton could be considered respectable ;)

You're only problem is that the Duxks are on a really hot streak atm. As someone previously pointed out, hot and cold streaks seem to be more prevalent in this version of the Sim.

Given how tight the races are the timing of thiose hot and cold streaks in the final 10 games could really shake things up.

Bring on the play-offs :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->