Confirmed with Link: Wings out of the bidding for Lecavalier, according to Khan (post #743)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Eklund keeps saying Philadelphia is the front runner. Of course, it's Eklund... But when it's Eklund connected to Philly, there's always smoke.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Dallas, Montreal, Detroit, and Toronto are all out. He doesn't want to play in the west nor in Canada. I suppose that leaves Philly and Florida.

Philly, on a retirement contract, really? Hasn't he taken note how that worked out for everybody else trying to retire there? :laugh:

In other news, maybe Weiss and Vinny trade spots?

Dats13DET

Aug 13, 2010
Canada
Your post was just the easiest to jump off of, I didn't particularly disagree with what you said.

The NHL thinks fans want a shootout. But NHL teams found it to be kind of a joke way to determine playoffs. So they minimized the impact by offering up the loser point. ROW is really the best way to see how teams are doing at throwing together wins.

And while you can say the Wings were .500 last year, they were also above more than 50% of the teams in the NHL in ROW and points. So they were a slightly above average team as compared to their competition, which to me is more accurate than simply saying they were .500. That's all.

I like to compare like things. It's a fault of mine. :laugh:

Agreed. The stats aren't at all accurate for "NHL" though because we only played West opponents. It's not really fair to compare teams in depth if we didn't even play half of them. Different competition in the East. I would've loved to mop the floor with the Panthers for some easy dubs. So I guess if we want to get technical we should split them up. NHL West / NHL East and then compare stats. :naughty: Man, do I ever hate lockouts and shortened seasons...

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
She's from the Montreal area same as Vinny.

She said she wanted to be closer to her family too, I thought Detroit would be ideal if he didn't want to play in Canada.

Seriously doubt Philly, Maybe Boston since there the Stanley Cup finalist of the east.

I don't think they can afford him.

Philly, on a retirement contract, really? Hasn't he taken note how that worked out for everybody else trying to retire there? :laugh:

In other news, maybe Weiss and Vinny trade spots?

Certainly a possibility, but I know Tampa's been spinning the tires in trying to acquire Tyler Seguin.

RedWingsNow*

They actually weren't...they were exactly .500

Great that so many people want to correct this.
Obviously, none of the people who corrected this point actually address the larger point.

Detroit is not an elite team. Vinny signing in Dallas instead of Detroit is by no means an indication that "winning doesn't matter."

Especially in today's NHL, when it's so easy to turn a team around

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Detroit is not an elite team. Vinny signing in Dallas instead of Detroit is by no means an indication that "winning doesn't matter."

Especially in today's NHL, when it's so easy to turn a team around

Detroit might not be an elite team, but Dallas' #1 center right now is 22-year-old Cody Eakin. Let that sink in. (Benn isn't a center and Nill has stated he wants to return him to his natural wing)

Dallas could be on the rise, and it's obvious I'm a fan and want them to succeed, but finding a #1 center is tricky business. I doubt they are Cup favorites quickly, they simply have too many holes and they lack high impact prospects in their system, despite drafting fairly high in recent years.

If winning was his #1 priority, I agree there are better teams than Detroit right now, but Detroit is several pegs above the Stars and even the most diehard Stars fans would concede that.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
They can afford him, and then some. All they have to do is put Pronger on the DL.

I was referring to Boston, but my point stands for Philly as well. Giroux is looking at a 8 million dollar contract next summer an Voracek is due for a massive raise as well. Signing Vinny would only complicate things further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad