Post-Game Talk: Wings @ Oilers

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Mrazek
Tatar
Kindl
Helm!

I needed 4!

A shutout is a shutout, I don't care how many shots.

Tatar had his best effort of the year so far. Looked dangerous all game and made some great plays.

Kindl shot after shot and made a few really good passes.

Helm just because! Good to see him back!

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I know the Oilers are brutal, but that was so refreshing to see, the Wings dominated and played a full 60 minutes.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Edmonton really doesn't look like an NHL team this year. They surely will round into form sooner than later though, right? Their fans were really sticking it to them tonight what with the boos. Good game from our team though. Hooray for Mrazek!

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Great performance from the whole team in general. Only Smith, Cleary and Sammy with an average to below average showing.

Tatar
Mrazek
Helm

HM: 1st line, Alfredsson, Andy, most of the blueline

Weiss is trying out there. Just not getting those points.

The Oilers organization is a shambles. Yeah, they are missing players, but that was a pathetic game from them. Oilers are trying to see how many top 5 picks they can get on one team. Sooner or later they need to make some trades.

XO

Nov 4, 2009
Helm, Tatar, Mrazek

Great to have Helm back :handclap:

And congrats to Mrazek on his first shutout!

Kyleftlx

twitter*****/kyle_ftl
May 9, 2010
Michigan!
Did Edmonton even have a quality scoring chance tonight?

I picked Andersson, Alfredsson, and I believe I picked Helm. Good game from everyone, minus Smith.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Tatar
Andersson
Helm

I thought Quincey had his best game of the season bailing out Smith on several occasions. Kindl and Miller also had great games tonight.

Even Sammy looked pretty good at times.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I'm going to go out on a limb and say anytime Kindl and Andersson both record points, that's a guaranteed win.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Tatar
Andersson
Helm

I thought Quincey had his best game of the season bailing out Smith on several occasions. Kindl and Miller also had great games tonight.

Even Sammy looked pretty good at times.

He had an up and down game IMO. He played well with Helm and Miller, but his shooting is just not good enough. Should've done better on the 2 on 1 where he shot on Labarbera's pad. Not great on the PP either.

Kindl on the other hand was great on the PP.

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
Did Edmonton even have a quality scoring chance tonight?

I picked Andersson, Alfredsson, and I believe I picked Helm. Good game from everyone, minus Smith.

Hit the post once, had another chance right in front of Petr but couldn't do anything with it.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Kindl played great tonight... Tatar with his 3rd point in as many games. Overall, good to see. Just need to get Weiss going, get Nyquist and Ericsson in the lineup ASAP, and possibly seeing Helm bust his ass out there will inspire Franzen, but probably not :sarcasm:

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Nice to see Mrazek get the shutout but didn't vote for him because he barely faced any shots. Voted Alfie, Tatar and Kindl.

Kindl was shooting at very opportunity which was nice to see.
Alfie is such a smart player and really fun to watch.
Tatar's got the kind of hunger and intensity this team's been missing for years.

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012
I love Alfredsson. Did it before he came here of course but it's great to see him on our side. Just wish he had the sense to join us earlier!

Voted for Alfredsson, Andersson and Kindlsson.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Another incoming first overall pick for the Oilers. Man, they are just all kinds of terrible.

I know, it's pathetic. I understand why the last place teams get the highest draft picks but at some point it gets to be ridiculous. They've had multiple 1st overalls and top 5s for how long now? Meanwhile, we haven't had a top 18 pick in 20 years.

Brandel*

Weiss is so unfortunate, he ran that 2nd PP tonight. He must have given Kindl 10 shots attempts. Thought he looked good tonight, but then again pretty much everybody did. If Smith hadn't taken his usual Pejorative Slur penalties I would ave thought he played a good game as well.

Mrazek, Helm, Andy and Tatar.

No HMs they all deserved it

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Weiss is so unfortunate, he ran that 2nd PP tonight. He must have given Kindl 10 shots attempts.

Weiss has picked up his game. It's not reflected in points yet, but it's painfully obvious. And subsequently the team is winning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad