GDT: Wings @ oilers 9:00 pm et 1/22/19 on nbcsn

pz29

Jun 18, 2015
I liked how JR said the Wings looked like a stanley cup champion vs Edmonton. That was hilarious with how much he bashed on them.

What makes anyone here think we are not going to go Edmonton's route? How many high draft picks have they had? How far has that taken them? And don't just tell me that that's the only way. Try to actually explain how and why we are going to be different. GM, better coaching, what?

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
What makes anyone here think we are not going to go Edmonton's route? How many high draft picks have they had? How far has that taken them? And don't just tell me that that's the only way. Try to actually explain how and why we are going to be different. GM, better coaching, what?
But that is what fans are demanding

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I just wanna say it's driving me a little crazy how fixated everyone is on whether we're in last place or 27th place or...

There are 30 games left and nobody is going to lose all of them. The difference of a few points is meaningless right now!

Carry on.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Obviously there's not guarantees, but you don't think the Wings management group and ownership will fare better than the historically bad leadership Edmonton has had?

If Holland stays in Detroit, he's too conservative to screw things up the way the Oilers have. He might not build a Cup winner, but it's highly unlikely he'd waste as much talent as the Oiler's have accumulated. If Yzerman becomes the GM it's even less likely based on his track record.

And Mr. I is gone but the organization as a whole has a pretty proven history of success. If Holland left, they hired Chiarelli instead of Yzerman, gave Blashill an 8-year deal, and ownership checked out completely, maybe they could mismanage things as badly as the Oilers?

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
Damn, this probably eliminates Edmonton as a buyer this year. I can't imagine an interim GM sticking his neck out to buy some rentals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->