OT: Wings Lounge: The Octopus Garden is in the Atlantic

RedWingsNow*

Arcade Fire always reminded me of the drama school kids at University.
I never quite buy into their world, but I appreciate it nonetheless

Squirrel in the Hole

Be the best squirrel in the hole
Feb 18, 2004
Sydney
Winter Classic

Hi, I haven't been around for a while and I'm not if this has been discussed or if this is the right place, but I'm actually going to the Winter Classic (yay!!!) and I was wondering how many others on the board are?

Maybe we could do a between period meet and greet? Given where I live, it's one of the few times I would be able to actually meet any of you.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
Hi, I haven't been around for a while and I'm not if this has been discussed or if this is the right place, but I'm actually going to the Winter Classic (yay!!!) and I was wondering how many others on the board are?

Maybe we could do a between period meet and greet? Given where I live, it's one of the few times I would be able to actually meet any of you.

You're coming up all the way from Melbourne, Australia? That's pretty awesome.

I moved out of the AA area in 2012.

When this was first announced back in early 2012, I thought I'd definitely go. :(

Squirrel in the Hole

Be the best squirrel in the hole
Feb 18, 2004
Sydney
You're coming up all the way from Melbourne, Australia? That's pretty awesome.

I moved out of the AA area in 2012.

When this was first announced back in early 2012, I thought I'd definitely go. :(

Yeah, I'm definitely geeked! It's not just for the Winter Classic, but that's the definite centerpiece of the trip. This is my first trip back since 2005, and my kids are old enough to actually enjoy it this time. They are all playing in-line hockey now as well, so this is an equipment buying trip as well (not much selection and outrageous prices down here).

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Happy Halloween!

Guess who?

551320_10151793927694139_1247988181_n.jpg

jmeehan1985

Jan 3, 2012
Looking for help from fellow hockey fans

I wouldn't usually post something like this but a little girl in my family needs help and it will take you literally 30s seconds to do it. I assume most people on here have Facebook and we recently reached out to the Boston Bruins in hoping they could help. They posted her story on there facebook, twitter and team website. Her name is McKenzie and she needs a petition signed to help her get the care she needs. We're not looking for donation just a simple name and were your from. It would be greatly appreciated.

It's on the front page of the Bruins facebook page. Or you can find it on the team page in the news section. You can find it on there twitter account as well.

Thanks everyone

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Winter Classic for the Ages;

Thought you folks might get a kick out of this if you werent aware of it previously...

I just stumbled across this... never heard of it before.

In 1954, the Red Wings played the NHL's first outdoor exhibition game. The opponent: the Marquette Prison Pirates, a bunch of maximum-security inmates.

http://redwings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=615868

Prison2.jpg

There are plenty of things from bygone eras that make me think, "this could never happen today". But I think this one tops them all.

Like Johnny Cash doing San Quentin... make for a great movie, like the Longest Yard on ice.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Any Youtubers out there that make highlight vid's?

I'm in the process of teaching myself how to use the video editing stuff that came with my computer.

Had a whole Tatar video made, but then my computer said some weird error and the video wiped itself out :( Partially my fault since I didn't save it as I was working on it, so I lost the entire thing.

Planning on making videos, then posting some here, if I think they're good enough lol. Just wanted to see if anyone had tips on how to make good videos. I'm planning on doing videos for Tatar, Nyquist, and then eventually Datsyuk. There's really not much out there, as far as compilations for Tatar and Nyquist.

Amrcn Ftbll

Quincey 4 prez 2k16
Jan 22, 2014
ypsi
Does anyone like video games and has anyone played the official and indisputable game of the millennium which is octodad: dadliest catch?

SensForLife11

Apr 28, 2010
Ottawa
Anyone here a full season ticket holder who paid in full and attended the Red Wings Open House. If so do you know if you were allowed only one photo opportunity at the event or multiple?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad