OT: Wings Lounge: The Octopus Garden is in the Atlantic

RedWingsNow*

Here's another from the Delgados -- a Scottish band that never got their due

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
Is it true that Detroit declared itself bankrupt today?

Yup.
Detroit—The city of Detroit filed the largest municipal bankruptcy case in U.S. history Thursday afternoon, culminating a decades-long slide that transformed the nation’s iconic industrial town into a model of urban decline crippled by population loss, a dwindling tax base and financial problems.
The 16-page petition was filed in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Detroit.
Gov. Rick Snyder’s office was making plans this afternoon to hold a Friday morning news conference at the Maccabees Building, 5057 Woodward in Midtown, according to a source. It’s the same location where the governor declared a financial emergency for Detroit on March 1.
Under state law, Snyder is required to approve a Chapter 9 filing. As of Wednesday, Snyder said he had not received any such request from Detroit Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr. Sources close to the governor said the situation is fluid, adding that Snyder intends to study Orr’s recommendations and related documents “for a couple of days†before making his decision.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
Webmaster says he's waiting on the site developers to coordinate the updates to the alignment.

Edit: Nevermind. He did them last night!

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Webmaster says he's waiting on the site developers to coordinate the updates to the alignment.

Edit: Nevermind. He did them last night!

Yeah. I noticed that. It confused me a few minutes ago. :rant:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
New Cosmos trailer. The original is something I've watched several times. I'm nerding out over here.

Funny part is this is brought to you by Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane, who is really into science and a huge fan of Sagan's original work.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
What ? When does that show start bench and where (channel, internet) ?

Oh damn not for a while posted at 2:45 mark.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Yeah, it's too damn long a wait if you ask me.

Can I also say I'm super pleased none of you are talking about the royal baby here. Good work.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Yeah, it's too damn long a wait if you ask me.

Can I also say I'm super pleased none of you are talking about the royal baby here. Good work.

Because I had to

maVFZDF.jpg

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
Apparently there's a Bieber-concert in Joe Louis Arena one of these days. Maybe one of you that lives there in the area can get your little sister to through some octopi at stage(or a more specific target) ;)

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada
Apparently there's a Bieber-concert in Joe Louis Arena one of these days. Maybe one of you that lives there in the area can get your little sister to through some octopi at stage(or a more specific target) ;)

There was the other night and he did a cover of Eminems lose yourself

RedWingsNow*

So...Arcade Fire's last album wasn't all that great. Couple very good songs. But a bit bland. So I listened to the new song...and for the first 1:30 to 2 minutes, I was not all that impressed.
But by the time 4 minutes --- this song is like a drug.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
So apparently one way to get down from The Great Wall of China is via an alpine slide! A gondola takes you up to the highest point, and you can take that down again--- or slide...

RedWingsNow*

So apparently one way to get down from The Great Wall of China is via an alpine slide! A gondola takes you up to the highest point, and you can take that down again--- or slide...

That looks awesome

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->