Wings look to break Blackhawk jinx

Status
Not open for further replies.

HFNHL Red Wings

In an odd twist of fate the Blackhawks have become the measuring stick by which the Wings judge their development. Inclusive of the preseason the Wings are currently 0-2-2 vs. the Hawks. Whereas the Hawk’s roster has remained a relative constant games against the Chicago have been frequent and so as Detroit wheels and deals in can monitor best gauge the impacts deals make on the Wings performance.
The Wings are hoping that tonight is the night all the pieces fall in place and they emerge from the United Centre with two points.

In other Detroit news the Wings acquired defenceman Stanislav Neckar in exchange for Espen Knutsen and a 9th round selection is this years draft. Knutsen has been publicly demanding a trade for sometime now as he was unhappy toiling in the minors. It is uncertain at this time as to what role Neckar will play with Detroit aside from spot duty as injuries occur but coach Francis has indicated that he may utilized in games against opponents that play a more physical game.
Neckar will be meeting the team tomorrow in New Jersey to practice prior to their game vs. the Devils as Detroit continues their seven game road trip.

HFNHL Red Wings

LOL.
Have to admit though Dryden it's a safer bet to predict that the road team will win (I'm loving this 7 game road trip).
Although there are some notable exceptions as a general rule teams perform better on the road than at home. Not sure why that is but the trend has been fairly consistent over the years and oddly significant this particular season.
Examples:
Blues - 14 Wins but only two at home
Of the top 16 teams only 3 have losing road records but this trend is not limited to winning teams. Wild 2-5-2 at home but 6-6-2 on road, Jackets 2-7-1 at home and 6-4-3 on the road, Sabres w/ .347 win% are 2-11-1 at home but 5-3-1 on the road, even the Canes only victory came on the road!

All that said Dryden I still owe you. I forgot we met twice in the preseason and in our first 3 meetings you blew me out of the water including a 7-1 game to start the season. The cumulative score in our past 3 games is only 4-3 and the season series is now 1-3-2 for you. I got no satisfaction out of the victory with a piddly 2-1 victory. Next time I will crush the Blackhawks (I hope) ;)

HFNHL Red Wings

Oh yes, please remind me next time a matchup between our team is approaching and I will make sure you get to Sim the games. It will make my victory all the sweeter :-P

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
HFNHL Red Wings said:
Oh yes, please remind me next time a matchup between our team is approaching and I will make sure you get to Sim the games. It will make my victory all the sweeter :-P

my only thought is Thibault was a 97...so next time I'll make sure he's rested. He's got your number big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad