Pre-Game Talk: Wings @ Leafs - March 24th, 7:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
not so fast, I was just told on the main boards every team has a Matthews level player. So I think we need to cool our jets here, he isn't a Nathan MacKinnon or so im told over there. "Matthews is a nice little player"
We were also told Matthews is still injury prone, however when someone creates a thread asking if Laine is injury prone that gets closed after 2 pages, so why is one thread allowed to stay open and the other one gets closed?

I just had to get that off my chest because I didn't think that's fair considering they never closed the Is Matthews injury prone thread.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
We were also told Matthews is still injury prone, however when someone creates a thread asking if Laine is injury prone that gets closed after 2 pages, so why is one thread allowed to stay open and the other one gets closed?

I just had to get that off my chest because I didn't think that's fair considering they never closed the Is Matthews injury prone thread.

yeah I got f***ing sucked into, im so mad at myself I usually stay out of it.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
not so fast, I was just told on the main boards every team has a Matthews level player. So I think we need to cool our jets here, he isn't a Nathan MacKinnon or so im told over there. "Matthews is a nice little player"
Ahhh...the main boards need severe :help:

Their constant stupidity with everything they say Leafs related consistently proves how jealous they are :facepalm:

Haters gonna hate.

:sueme:

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Ahhh...the main boards need severe :help:

Their constant stupidity with everything they say Leafs related consistently proves how jealous they are :facepalm:

Haters gonna hate.

:sueme:

this guy over there telling me MacKinnon is in a McDavid tier, while Matthews is a good little player but every team has a Matthews level player. I pointed out that until this one fantastic season (and it is a great season for him) MacKinnon had never scored more points than Matthews got in his rookie seaosn

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
this guy over there telling me MacKinnon is in a McDavid tier, while Matthews is a good little player but every team has a Matthews level player. I pointed out that until this one fantastic season (and it is a great season for him) MacKinnon had never scored more points than Matthews got in his rookie seaosn
I know I saw that, and decided to just keep quiet. You can't win with those fools. They believe what they want to believe, which is sad. They tell you to back it up with facts & stats - you do that but it's still not good enough. When all else fails, they just say you're a "homer" fan :facepalm:

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I know I saw that, and decided to just keep quiet. You can't win with those fools. They believe what they want to believe, which is sad. They tell you to back it up with facts & stats - you do that but it's still not good enough. When all else fails, they just say you're a "homer" fan :facepalm:

he just called me a "die hard leaf fan" which is pretty much the homer argument. I usually am so good with self control over there, or even avoid it entirely.

edit: if/when we win the cup there will be some caveat as to why the other team lost, not because the leafs are a good team. It will be the refs were on the leafs team, or the other team had so and so injured. I cant wait to win that main board is going to self destruct

Anyway

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
he just called me a "die hard leaf fan" which is pretty much the homer argument. I usually am so good with self control over there, or even avoid it entirely.

edit: if/when we win the cup there will be some caveat as to why the other team lost, not because the leafs are a good team. It will be the refs were on the leafs team, or the other team had so and so injured. I cant wait to win that main board is going to self destruct

Anyway
lol, the day the Leafs win the Cup all these haters on the main boards and the 60 or 7o fake Leafs fans we have here will shutdown their accounts and go live under a rock. They won't be able to bear it! At the same time, the servers here are so shit - if that were to even happen they might not even have to shutdown their accounts. Let them take their petty shots and hang on to their blind hate. They will get it back ten fold when that 'day' arrives.

I dunno about you, but myself - other than a "Feels Great coupled with a :wave:" I won't be saying much on HFBoards when we get the Holy Grail. I'll be downtown on the daily getting drunk in my Matthews jersey on the parade route wearing roller blades. :laugh:

Reactions: hamzarocks

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
lol, the day the Leafs win the Cup all these haters on the main boards and the 60 or 7o fake Leafs fans we have here will shutdown their accounts and go live under a rock. They won't be able to bear it! At the same time, the servers here are so **** - if that were to even happen they might not even have to shutdown their accounts. Let them take their petty shots and hang on to their blind hate. They will get it back ten fold when that 'day' arrives.

I dunno about you, but myself - other than a "Feels Great coupled with a :wave:" I won't be saying much on HFBoards when we get the Holy Grail. I'll be downtown on the daily getting drunk in my Matthews jersey on the parade route wearing roller blades. :laugh:
If the leafs win the cup i expect to get banned from this account. Every little petty thought i have will most likely be posted. TWS wont be allowed to post on the leafs any more and the finnish 5 will need to go to sleep. Certain posters for sure deserve to be called out. Your a better person than I am lol.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
If the leafs win the cup i expect to get banned from this account. Every little petty thought i have will most likely be posted. TWS wont be allowed to post on the leafs any more and the finnish 5 will need to go to sleep. Certain posters for sure deserve to be called out. Your a better person than I am lol.
lmao @ "The Finnish 5" :laugh:

For TWS, I will create a photoshopped image of Sebastian Stan (TWS) in a coffin wearing a Barzal jersey, with Leafs fans surrounding him laughing + pointing.

Fool made a thread the instant Barzal got his 70th point, I wonder why. :help:

Reactions: LeafsNation75

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Jets are really the last cup contender (ish) team we face before the playoffs. Rather Freddy gets that start instead of facing off against nothing but non-playoff teams the rest of the way. Just my thoughts but yeah I doubt Babs switches up his starter plays the first night backup the second night plan. Its likely not going to happen.
I loved his quote about the Preds being a way better test for the Playoffs than any practice he could set up (even though you'd hope it is kinda obvious) and hope he has the same mentality regarding Winnipeg.

Part of being ready for the Playoffs is going to be having as much confidence as possible coming in - I wanna sweep the rest of the Regular Season if we can, so I hope we're built to win every game from puck drop.

Having said that, McElhinney's been a revelation this year, so I don't really feel worried going into a game knowing he's between the pipes.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I was just basically told that Matthews doesn't belong in the same league as MacKinnon because of what he's doing this season, even though in Matthews 1st NHL season he out produced him in goals and points.

Reactions: MattySnipes

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Leafs and Detroit are each other’s most common playoff opponent, despite not having played each other in the postseason in 25 years.

g5f64a480kn01.png

Courtesy u/rally_call on Reddit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->