GDT: Wings @ Leafs 7:30, 12/23

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
I don't mind so much losing, but I don't much like losing to the leafs... And I don't like losing to the Leafs that way! 7 Seconds left BS.
I'm used to feeling disappointed by my sports team on a Sunday, but it's usually that other sports team doing it to me.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Also quick question guys, is there a website that lists what draft picks the wings have in this upcoming draft and in the future? Thinking of making a manifest of Red Wings Assets.

Happy Holidays everyone

Detroit Red Wings - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

DRAFT YEARROUND 1ROUND 2ROUND 3ROUND 4ROUND 5ROUND 6ROUND 7
detroit_red_wings.svg
detroit_red_wings.svg

detroit_red_wings.svg
detroit_red_wings.svg
detroit_red_wings.svg

detroit_red_wings.svg
detroit_red_wings.svg

detroit_red_wings.svg
detroit_red_wings.svg
detroit_red_wings.svg
detroit_red_wings.svg
detroit_red_wings.svg
detroit_red_wings.svg
detroit_red_wings.svg
detroit_red_wings.svg
detroit_red_wings.svg
detroit_red_wings.svg

detroit_red_wings.svg
detroit_red_wings.svg
detroit_red_wings.svg
detroit_red_wings.svg
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

CaptainZetterberg40

Nov 2, 2014
Reactions: Konnan511

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Honestly, i didn't get the chance to watch the the whole game. I just caught the last few minutes of regulation and most of OT. As time passes, watching games against the leafs and others like the Caps make me pine for the day skill and creativity being the foundation of this team.

The Leafs were pretty garbage most of the night.

If you want skill and creativity, then you need to actively cheer for loses. Management said this team is rebuilding, so we should hope for the highest draft pick possible.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I don't mind so much losing, but I don't much like losing to the leafs... And I don't like losing to the Leafs that way! 7 Seconds left BS.
I'm used to feeling disappointed by my sports team on a Sunday, but it's usually that other sports team doing it to me.
Take solace in knowing that we're getting a good/great pick in June!

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
Just watched the game. Kronner....bruh....

You can hear Mickey mutter to himself "are you serious?" right after that play. He didn't just turn the puck over, but he lost his man and was covering Trevor Daley (wth was he doing?) leaving JT unmolested to deflect that in. Unbelievable (very believable).

The advantage of playing old/slow veterans over young/fast rookies is that the veterans are not supposed to make rookie mistakes.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Puempel really is not a bad player. Idk why the hell they call this Megan guy up over him.

Faceoffs.

Megan, 60.0%
Glendening, 56.3%
Larkin 55.1%
---------------
Nielsen, 49.5%
Ehn, 45.9%
De La rose 43.4%
Athanasiou 37.4%
Rasmussen, 32.1%

He really gives a strong option compared to others than Larkin/Glendening.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Leafs play like 2009 Wings did in regular season. Turn it up for 15-20 minutes per game and win. Could be a bad habit to learn for a young team without the knowledge of how to win in the playoffs.

Reactions: ealong59

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Leafs play like 2009 Wings did in regular season. Turn it up for 15-20 minutes per game and win. Could be a bad habit to learn for a young team without the knowledge of how to win in the playoffs.

Yep I really wouldnt bet money on the Leafs come playoff time.They squeak by in a lot of games by turning it up for a burst where they have the talent to score or they get a couple PPs. That team is really soft and the D is not all that great. I think a healthy Boston where Bergeron completely shuts down one line and they actually have a legit D and some grit would knowck them out again

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Yep I really wouldnt bet money on the Leafs come playoff time.They squeak by in a lot of games by turning it up for a burst where they have the talent to score or they get a couple PPs. That team is really soft and the D is not all that great. I think a healthy Boston where Bergeron completely shuts down one line and they actually have a legit D and some grit would knowck them out again

I get trying to make one more run with the all offense gang. I have to think changes are coming though when they get bounced again this year.

My guess is they become a legit contender when they trade Nylander for a D-man. They should go after a good defensive rental D-man. But if they cannot get it done this season they have to look at ways to augment that group. I don't see an ultimate contender because of the issues you stated.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
The DDK, Green, Mantha & Helm injuries + the vet D for 1st 10 games was a huge blessing in disguise. Barring trades, we'll probably continue to sink to bottom 5, then possibly plateau if/when healthy. I'm thinking we finish 27th behind AZ, OTT, NJ. The rest of the schedule is brutal. I think LA or CHI will pass us (as bad as they are), hope it's CHI as I cringe at them having better odds @ Hughes. On paper LA is not terrible, just slow & aging. STL should pass us with that roster. Again, barring major trades/fire-sales/injureies for LA/CHI/STL.
upload_2018-12-24_11-52-55.png

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
The DDK, Green, Mantha & Helm injuries + the vet D for 1st 10 games was a huge blessing in disguise. Barring trades, we'll probably continue to sink to bottom 5, then possibly plateau if/when healthy. I'm thinking we finish 27th behind AZ, OTT, NJ. The rest of the schedule is brutal. I think LA or CHI will pass us (as bad as they are), hope it's CHI as I cringe at them having better odds @ Hughes. On paper LA is not terrible, just slow & aging. STL should pass us with that roster. Again, barring major trades/fire-sales/injureies for LA/CHI/STL.
View attachment 168913

Lots of teams below Detroit with games in hand and it looks like Detroit has a pretty bad ROW even compared to the teams around them. I would be interested to see the other teams trade deadline possibilities. Detroit is in pretty good shape to sell quite a bit between Howard, Nyquist, Daley, Vanek etc. A lot of contributing pieces could be gone and really sink after the deadline.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Say what you want about the reault, for 55 minutes of that game I was so proud of this team. If we played with that hustle and had just a few of our core injuries playing, I think we win that game 9/10.

In the end we lost due to talent discrepancy and nothing else. Moral victory for our boys.

pz29

Jun 18, 2015
The Leafs are going to have a lot of success going forward. All of the players that they have drafted over the past five years to be their core players have lived up to or surpassed expectations. You really can't ask for a better situation.
Get back to me when they actually do, beyond just making the playoffs. So far, it's all hypothetical s.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Say what you want about the reault, for 55 minutes of that game I was so proud of this team. If we played with that hustle and had just a few of our core injuries playing, I think we win that game 9/10.

In the end we lost due to talent discrepancy and nothing else. Moral victory for our boys.

I agree, their work ethic is astounding. They had Toronto on the ropes. Change the bounce off a few posts or say the whiffed one-timer by Bertuzzi and we win by a goal (though I guess the same could be said for the Leafs). The more I get into hockey I realize how much luck plays into the results. Anyways, the Wings very well could have won that game in RT.

For me Ehn's goal was one of the happiest moments of the season- the joy on his face was priceless.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
I almost feel bad for the young Leaf fans setting themselves up for disappointment. On the main board they demand to be labeled as "contenders", and 70% of other fan-bases are feeding into it. People are ranking them above the Caps lol. I agree with you guys- they are close but not quite there. Honestly it could be as far as 5 years down the road when Matthews is more developed and dominant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->