GDT: Wings @ Kings 10:30 EST

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Well at least Bert potted 2 goals. D looked like ass in the 3rd. Figures they wouldn't keep a lead.

Reactions: 14ari13

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Update on the leading candidate for the Riley Sheahan Memorial Trophy:

Frans Nielsen

17 Games Played 0 Goals 0 Assists -6 +/-

Cap hit = $5.25 million

EDIT: I forgot to add that there's 2 more years on Nielsen's deal. Of the forwards, he's second only to Larkin in term and cap hit.

Last edited:

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
The magic is over. Tank is on.
The team is missing 3 starting defensemen, which also happen to be 3 of the top 4. Not many teams are going to look good missing half the defensemen.

BigE, Bowey, and Biega were running a clown show on the back end. Green had all kinds of good and bad moments, really wish he would get his head in the game.

Reactions: 14ari13

NC Wings Phan

LGW: gcom007
May 2, 2019
Charlotte, NC
lord, more of this terrible game?

Why am I watching?

What's wrong with me?

Oh right, for more of that ESPN+ commercial. Did you say MUSIC?! HIT IT!

These NHL TV commercials are killing my soul. This is why I pay for no ad Hulu.

Attachments

• D6BAD9F7-7E19-4D41-9953-9FDE3FB273C0.jpeg
    D6BAD9F7-7E19-4D41-9953-9FDE3FB273C0.jpeg
    75.2 KB · Views: 5

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
The team is missing 3 starting defensemen, which also happen to be 3 of the top 4. Not many teams are going to look good missing half the defensemen.

BigE, Bowey, Biega, and Hicketts were running a clown show on the back end. Green had all kinds of good and bad moments, really wish he would get his head in the game.
Hicketts didn't play tonight.

And even with the tying goal I thought Ericsson had a decent first game back, especially given he ended up playing over 20 minutes (which he shouldn't be). He was moving his feet, made good passes, was more physical. He's slower but I'd take him over Bowey but I know it's a Left Hand/ Right Hand issue. I'd take him over Hicketts too.

All that with a grain of salt because our D is terrible so the bar is low.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
lord, more of this terrible game?

Why am I watching?

What's wrong with me?

Oh right, for more of that ESPN+ commercial. Did you say MUSIC?! HIT IT!
So.. I’m a kings fan, I’m not here to be a dick about the game but my god I hateeeee that commercial ‘us puck heads’ it’s horrible

Reactions: SoupGuru

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Hicketts didn't play tonight.

And even with the tying goal I thought Ericsson had a decent first game back, especially given he ended up playing over 20 minutes (which he shouldn't be). He was moving his feet, made good passes, was more physical. He's slower but I'd take him over Bowey but I know it's a Left Hand/ Right Hand issue. I'd take him over Hicketts too.

All that with a grain of salt because our D is terrible so the bar is low.
Yeah, you caught it before I fixed it. I automatically associate him with a loss, lol. I knew BigE played instead.

BigE got beat when he let that puck between his legs and couldn't catch up to the King on the breakaway, that could have easily been a goal. That and he's supposed to be the big guy clearing the crease on that one goal.

He's definitely slow, but I'd take him over Bowey and Hicketts as well. Bowey just lets guys skate by him, he's too focused on the puck and not positioning.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
These NHL TV commercials are killing my soul. This is why I pay for no ad Hulu.

So.. I’m a kings fan, I’m not here to be a dick about the game but my god I hateeeee that commercial ‘us puck heads’ it’s horrible

All the commercials on NHL TV are awful. And since there's only three of them you see them a hundred times a game. It's maddening.

Reactions: riznat

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Can someone explain the defensive system this team is playing? Seems to me like everyone's chasing the puck, at times there were 3 players crowding the puck carrier, leaving other guys wide open.

Yeah sure the D sucks, but whatever system Blash is running isn't helping the cause.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Can someone explain the defensive system this team is playing? Seems to me like everyone's chasing the puck, at times there were 3 players crowding the puck carrier, leaving other guys wide open.

Yeah sure the D sucks, but whatever system Blash is running isn't helping the cause.

Sounds like the player's fault, not our defensive system

Reactions: Sentinel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad