GDT: Wings @ Hawks 6pm Nbcsn

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Why you think i'm hating???

People really should smell the coffee when it comes to Nylander, there simply just isn't room for him.

Besides he injured and all + his contract ends after this season, i don't see a single reason why Hawks
should bring him back for the next season, Hawks have better players what him.

He has nothing to do with the conversation and you randomly bring him up. You also are constantly trying to shit on him. It is fairly obvious you have weird hate for him.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
He has nothing to do with the conversation and you randomly bring him up. You also are constantly trying to shit on him. It is fairly obvious you have weird hate for him.

People who say generic things like “don’t hate” need to really back it up somehow, I am not speaking for this specific situation only but that “don’t hate” crap is so overplayed and people throw it out there way too much. I mean it’s true Hagel is a much better hockey player, what is there to hate or not to hate exactly? Nylander and Strome both don’t belong on this team, I mean Musto could literally say the same thing about Strome that we are all hating since almost everyone is on his case now. This don’t hate, you are hater for the sake of hating label just doesn’t make much logical sense in most situations people use it, obviously if you don’t play well you will be disliked, don’t try to make it like it’s some weird personal thing, it’s a very weak attack.

Reactions: Muffinalt

HawksinBLo

Feb 26, 2021
Someone earlier mentioned letting him go because he's 35. His game isn't going to fall off tomorrow, so for the cost I'd much rather have him back than try to pick up a late pick for him. He's not keeping any prospect with a similar tool set out of the lineup.
100% agree

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Someone earlier mentioned letting him go because he's 35. His game isn't going to fall off tomorrow, so for the cost I'd much rather have him back than try to pick up a late pick for him. He's not keeping any prospect with a similar tool set out of the lineup.

I said I wouldn’t lock him up to a multi year deal. If he wants to stick around on another cheap 1 year deal then you absolutely do it.

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
I said I wouldn’t lock him up to a multi year deal. If he wants to stick around on another cheap 1 year deal then you absolutely do it.
Gonna be hard to keep everybody we like going into next year. If/when Toews and Dach return, you can easily remove Wallmark and Highmore. Choices get tougher when Strome, Shaw, Nylander and anybody potentially new are added. Somebody's going to have to get moved out if everybody is healthy. Things could work themselves out if both Toews and Shaw have played their last game and, for example, Nylander is slow to recover and Strome becomes trade bait. Would be good to know some of the answers prior to the TDL.

Last edited:
Reactions: RayP

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Gonna be hard to keep everybody we like going into next year. If/when Toews and Dach return, you can easily remove Wallmark and Highmore. Choices get tougher when Strome, Shaw, Nylander and anybody potentially new are added. Somebody's going to have to get moved out if everybody is healthy.

Yeah it’ll be interesting to see who the 3C is next year if Toews returns.

Reactions: plasmonresonance

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL
A much better effort last night. I think the defense still gave up too many shots, but the majority of them were from long range and relatively clear lanes for Lanks to see them. I did like that the Hawks were more aggressive on the forecheck and more physical overall. Soda had a good game I thought, decent at the dot, physical with some hits, and gets to the front of the net.

Reactions: BobbyJet

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Gonna be hard to keep everybody we like going into next year. If/when Toews and Dach return, you can easily remove Wallmark and Highmore. Choices get tougher when Strome, Shaw, Nylander and anybody potentially new are added. Somebody's going to have to get moved out if everybody is healthy. Things could work themselves out if both Toews and Shaw have played their last game and, for example, Nylander is slow to recover and Strome becomes trade bait. Would be good to know some of the answers prior to the TDL.

Yep. If only we had a good coach to figure it out. :sarcasm:

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

Add Toews and Dach to the mix and remove Wallmark and Highmore and that should be the forward group if things keep working out as well as they have...they should strongly consider trying to bring back as much of the secondary pieces as possible because the fit is just right this year...if they can get a decent return for Strome then maybe move him in a deal and bring back Soda on a 1 year deal ...would prefer something like this

Kubalik-Toews-Kurashev
DeBrincat-Dach-Kane
Suter-Strome/Soda-Janmark
Hagel-Kampf-Carpenter
Highmore

Last edited:

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
Shaw shouldn't be penciled in because he can't stay healthy. It doesn't make sense to structure a roster with a player who is a big injury risk.

Reactions: Backyard Hockey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad