GDT: Wings @ Hawks 6pm Nbcsn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
A better response game? WHEN youbgetboutcsgotcso badly?

It was a Laugher forvtyexHawksxaftervtgecsplurgevifvgoalsvin the 3rd...but it was NOT your classic "Laugher"...usually in such big score wins you barrage the opps....in a sense areverse of last game when Hawks coukd not buy many goalscfromntgeir barrage and domination of possession and Detroit capitalized on their fewer chances and Detroit got the better goaltending...sobin that game stats lied.....Tomight the exact same thing in reverse....Hawjjs were the capitalists and gotvtge better goaltending....so neither gamevwentvacvordibgvto expectation given the possession stats.

That's hockey...it does notvalwayscgobto plan.

2 thing for sure though....Hawks closer to a bottom feeder like Detroit than to the REAL CONTTENDER teams who Dominate AND actualky then outscore the opos CONSIDTTENTLY ...whonfo as expected most ofvtge games they pkay.

So TB coming up...The truth will be on display. Give up 45 shots to TB and I doubt Hawks will be laughing.
You've outdone yourself this time.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Fancy stats kind of confirm his eye test as well. Huge CF% discrepancy in favor of Detroit while xGF% was almost even. (Sorry Bobby for using such basic advanced fancy terms that you keep pretending are overly complicated.)

Not complicated..... but irrelevant.

JC confirmed that fact, not that he had to. Any hockey person is well aware that 46 SOG only looks good on a stats sheet in this game.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
Excellent. Now for an encore...

The Hawks are 7-3 in their last 10, and have only picked up one point on any of TB, FL, and CAR. And they still have played 3-4 games more than any of them.

March is basically the playoffs. They’re either going to hang with those three clubs, or get scraped. We nearly exclusively play them through March.
The Hawks just need to be better than Columbus, Nashville and Dallas. Dallas is probably going to get worn out in March making up all those games though. They play 17 games in March, insane.

Reactions: WeAreSoPucked

FeatherHead

Oct 5, 2017
The Hawks just need to be better than Columbus, Nashville and Dallas. Dallas is probably going to get worn out in March making up all those games though. They play 17 games in March, insane.
True. That’s all they need to get in. And let’s face it, no matter where they’re seeded, they’re going to have to beat 2 of TB, FL, and CAR or DAL to get out of the division. Tall order. I’ll be happy if they make the playoffs. Prior to the start of the season I was wondering what number Power was going to wear.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Not complicated..... but irrelevant.

JC confirmed that fact, not that he had to. Any hockey person is well aware.

irrelevant in your mind by your choice. Other people, including those in front offices, use them as a tool.

It’s fine to dislike them, but do you really need to remind people of that fact every five games?

You’re sometimes like an annoying vegan that keeps telling people how they’re vegan.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
What a strange game.

We have about 10 more quality chances than the Wings so far and are down 30-21 in shots.

We should have 3 or 4 PP and have 0 because of some awkward reffing.

I hope everything corrects itself in the 3rd and we put them away.

UPDATE - it corrected itself in the 3rd

Reactions: Pez68 and BobbyJet

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
True. That’s all they need to get in. And let’s face it, no matter where they’re seeded, they’re going to have to beat 2 of TB, FL, and CAR or DAL to get out of the division. Tall order. I’ll be happy if they make the playoffs. Prior to the start of the season I was wondering what number Power was going to wear.

It's an odd situation... seems the season just began but with a 56 game schedule it's already a time to watch the standings.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
irrelevant in your mind by your choice. Other people, including those in front offices, use them as a tool.

It’s fine to dislike them, but do you really need to remind people of that fact every five games?

You’re sometimes like an annoying vegan that keeps telling people how they’re vegan.

Clueless front office perhaps ... but coaches, not.

And if some folks insist on posting stats after a game I will continue to question why .... when they just watched the game.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
tenor.gif
It was a laugher for the hawks after the surge of goals in the third.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
you’ve asked all of them?

Also, you’re acknowledging some hockey people find them to be a tool?

Do you honestly think that JC would look at stats after a game and change his opinion of what he just lived through?

Sure, it's a tool, though a sketchy one to be taken with a grain of salt and mainly for folks who were unable to watch a game or games live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad