Post-Game Talk: Wings @ Flames 11-1-13

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Just like Smith I was shocked by how many people wrote off Lashoff last year. It's not like he's 26 and is just a Babcock favorite. He's 22 years old with limited experience. I don't know how much of a future he has with the Wings, but I think he'll be a serviceable defensemen for a while.

I think it's just a little annoying they have no troubles promoting a guy like Lashoff with barely any upside while still on his ELC, and then take extra years promoting upside guys that can help us now but more importantly once they get NHL experience under their belts.

That's not a slight against Lash, but I would rather see Ouellet/Marchenko/Almqvist gather NHL experience right now in that 15 min/game role for 40-50 games. Cus I think there's a real chance one of them would surprise and be the next DeKeyser type of revelation to our D core. And I think we need more upside playing on our defense come playoff time.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I think it's just a little annoying they have no troubles promoting a guy like Lashoff with barely any upside while still on his ELC, and then take extra years promoting upside guys that can help us now but more importantly once they get NHL experience under their belts.

That's not a slight against Lash, but I would rather see Ouellet/Marchenko/Almqvist gather NHL experience right now in that 15 min/game role for 40-50 games. Cus I think there's a real chance one of them would surprise and be the next DeKeyser type of revelation to our D core. And I think we need more upside playing on our defense come playoff time.

Yeah, I'm with this, too. I'm fine with Lashoff stepping in for the odd game here and there, but if we know a guy like Ericsson is going to miss three weeks - and that's what the team originally guessed at - call up someone like XO or Almqvist to get the extended look. If you really want Lashoff to get some of the games, cycle him in every third game or so, but XO looked really good when he was up.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
considering his role, one could make case that cleary is one of the worst players in the league, based on adv. stats.

No arguments here.

And that's the guy we had to bring back to overflow our roster. Do your job Holland. Would be a nice change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad