Post-Game Talk: Wings @ Flames 11-1-13

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
It's funny how much chemistry Tatar and Andersson have. Those guys need to stay on a line together.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Dats
Z
Tatar

Probably how I'd go as well.

Pav was a 200ft monster

Z was Z and helped dominate most shifts with Pav

And Tatar had a ton of jump and really pressured Calgary. The line of Tatar-Andersson-Abby really played well after Franzen got injured.

BTW Detroit's worst periods the past 2 games were with Franzen. He really does very little for me most games.

And Smith scares me every time he's on the ice. Similar to how Lashoff scared me at the end of last season.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
No love for Bert? I think the guy has been very underrated this season. He's got 6 points now, and has had at least two "Holmstrom assists" so far this season to boot. Very instrumental in creating goals for us thus far, as expected. Not bad for a vet making $2M.

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012
No love for Bert? I think the guy has been very underrated this season. He's got 6 points now, and has had at least two "Holmstrom assists" so far this season to boot. Very instrumental in creating goals for us thus far, as expected. Not bad for a vet making $2M.

Oh sure, he got my vote just before you posted. ;)

My other votes were Dats and Zetterberg. IOW, our 1st line.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Datsyuk played fantastic of course, the whole first line did. Winning battles, putting in goals, really exposed the Flames. Unfortunately, our other 3 lines, not so much, even though they did pot a couple, they were both kinda flukey. Andersson's especially.

Weiss continues to play well. Continues to not get any points.

Tatar again came alive in the last period, but the first two pretty lackluster. He's just not as aggressive as he was the first few games. And the turnovers. He's trying to force so much.

Overall, felt we got outplayed most of the game. Again. Somehow came out with a W though. We have to start actually winning. Like, decisively. Not getting outshot, outchanced.

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
Datsyuk played fantastic of course, the whole first line did. Winning battles, putting in goals, really exposed the Flames. Unfortunately, our other 3 lines, not so much, even though they did pot a couple, they were both kinda flukey. Andersson's especially.

Tatar again came alive in the last period, but the first two pretty lackluster. He's just not as aggressive as he was the first few games. And the turnovers. He's trying to force so much.

Overall, felt we got outplayed most of the game. Again. Somehow came out with a W though. We have to start actually winning. Like, decisively. Not getting outshot, outchanced.

He sets up Cleary with a beautifil pass and he ****ing whiffs

Mickey Redmond*

Nov 2, 2010
Too many turnovers still. Nice to see some goals scored, but they need to hold a lead, it's getting old.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Is it just me or is osbad just terrible to listen too? Its as if holland and babs had a live mic during the games. Can't wait for tommorow night cbc televises and I can take a break from him for a game.

Nice to see some goals but give me a call when we start consistantly potting them against someone that isn't 29th or 30th in gaa. So tommorow won't count either.

1. dats 2. z 3. ??? No one in my eyes was worthy of the third star so i'll give it to joey mac.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Is it just me or is osbad just terrible to listen too? Its as if holland and babs had a live mic during the games. Can't wait for tommorow night cbc televises and I can take a break from him for a game.

Nice to see some goals but give me a call when we start consistantly potting them against someone that isn't 29th or 30th in gaa. So tommorow won't count either.

1. dats 2. z 3. ??? No one in my eyes was worthy of the third star so i'll give it to joey mac.

I've enjoyed him quite a bit. Easy voice to listen to and calls out the Wings/players when something needs to be said.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I've enjoyed him quite a bit. Easy voice to listen to and calls out the Wings/players when something needs to be said.

Yeah me too. He's much better in the broadcast booth than in the studio. I like that he's willing to call a Smith penalty "stupid" or discuss their poor turnovers or how Abdelkader not hitting the net leads to easy transition the other way. I've really enjoyed him. Also, it's nice to hear someone other than Mickey discuss officiating; aka someone who understands how the game is call these days.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Datsyuk
Zetterberg
Weiss - Set up Cleary with 2 fantastic scoring chances, neither of which turned into goals, also dominated the faceoff circle.

TeemuS

Feb 13, 2013
Nice comeback in third period. Hard game like I expected. I hope now Tatar stay and babcock won't send him again down...

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

i think he's been much better lately. hope he keeps it up.

****ing cleary. seriously. they can't re-sign him. just can't.

yeah, he's very noticeable out there offensively, has the puck a lot but gives it up too often. looked great on the third period, though.

it's amazing how different player andy is with when he has speedy winger. abby was ok for last night in that line too imo.

thought wings 'won' the worst period. got outplayed in the second. did enough to win it in third.

lashoff is nothing special but i'm not having heart attack anytime he's on the ice.

smith.. oh man.

not kindl's best game either.

Last edited:

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
How many points do you guys think Cleary ends up with? He's on pace for 11 on the year in a fairly big role and I honestly can't see him netting 20. He's got stone hands around the net, and can't create anything for himself.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
How many points do you guys think Cleary ends up with? He's on pace for 11 on the year in a fairly big role and I honestly can't see him netting 20. He's got stone hands around the net, and can't create anything for himself.

Probably 15-20. That's just the way it is. He'll get some secondary points and garbage goals here and there. As long as he stays out of the box, keep back checking hard, cuts down on turn overs and keeps it simple. Dump, chase whatever. It won't be the end of the world. Really need to Nyquist up. :help:

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Probably 15-20. That's just the way it is. He'll get some secondary points and garbage goals here and there. As long as he stays out of the box, keep back checking hard, cuts down on turn overs and keeps it simple. Dump, chase whatever. It won't be the end of the world. Really need to Nyquist up. :help:

with half the points being empty netters!

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
i think he's been much better lately. hope he keeps it up.

****ing cleary. seriously. they can't re-sign him. just can't.

thought wings 'won' the worst period. got outplayed in the second. did enough to win it in third.

lashoff is nothing special but i'm not having heart attack anytime he's on the ice.

smith.. oh man.

not kindl's best game either.

Actually thought Lashoff made some plays last night. Surprised the hell out of me

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I noticed he was very physical at times as well.

Just like Smith I was shocked by how many people wrote off Lashoff last year. It's not like he's 26 and is just a Babcock favorite. He's 22 years old with limited experience. I don't know how much of a future he has with the Wings, but I think he'll be a serviceable defensemen for a while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad