OT: Wings fan, and HFBoards user, octopi passed away in July

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Very sad day. She was a great poster, and a great fan. Red Wings Nation is poorer for having lost them. I hope those who loved her strength and comfort in this tough time. Win the cup for Octopi boys.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Sad news. One of the most recognizable posters on the forum. Her avatar was synonymous with this forum and the Red Wings for me.

We're often just ships passing through one another trading thoughts and barbs, but it's important to remember the people behind the avatar. This forum helps me unwind and put my head into something other than the stresses of daily life. Good posters here are like good friends after a long day.

It's up to the rest of us to help fill the big hole left when somebody like this passes on.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
I got to know octopi a lot better over the past 12 or so months, as I often checked in with her to see how she was doing.

Of course, I'd known her here as a poster for much longer than that.

When she stopped posting, I tried emailing and digging around to see if there was news, though I feared the worst. I knew her real name and where she lived, so I found the obituary that finally came out about 2-3 weeks ago.

She will be missed very much. My heart goes out to anyone fighting cancer, or with family and friends who are.

RIP, octopi.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Thanks for the update. octopi was and will always be a mainstay of these boards. If her life and character in person is even a fragment of her contribution here online I can't imagine the loss her loved ones must feel. I am very sorry to hear this sad news.
:cry:

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
So very sad to hear this. I had no idea she was battling cancer. Like others said, she was one of the most recognizable posters around here. Will miss seeing her posts.

RIP, octopi.

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York
Ow wow.

Wasn't aware of her condition. (Never saw that post that's linked here)
Didn't know her well. Had some exchanges with here here and there but can't remember the details. Aside from all that, that post tells me you fought for your life against impossible odds and I'm glad for you on that front! Serves as a reminder, if not the lesson to love life!

RIP Octopi.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
That sucks, I wonder why i never saw her posts if she posted this year. Or even that whole thread.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Sorry for invading your forums ladies and gents, but I just couldn't ignore this thread. I enjoyed reading her posts and I remember her post on the main boards where she said she's battling cancer, she seemed like a really nice person and I feel deeply saddened by this. She is one of those posters I respected the most on these boards. I hope they have hockey where she went and that she's in a better place.

Please accept my condolences.

RIP Octopi,

Ivan

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Very sorry to hear, a quality poster that will be missed!

RIP and my deepest condolences, I've lost a couple of family member myself to cancer the past year and a better cure can't come soon enough.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
very sad news. i had no idea about this.

not sure i ever knew, but i think octopi was fairly young, and maybe worked in medicine or some other caretaking field. i know she was from calgary and was also a caps fan.

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
Wow, this is awful, I didn't have any idea about her condition. I wish I had.

:( What an absolute buzzkill, she was a beloved presence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->