wings defense

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Kindl was extremely physical tonight. Like to see that side of his game.

Mickey Redmond*

Nov 2, 2010
Kindl, Quincey and Smith continue to get beat by opposing forwards. The most impressive d-man tonight was Ericsson. Hopefully that is a sign of things to come from him.

zombi

I D D Q D
Dec 27, 2010
Michigan
I have not been a fan of Kindl and Quincey's play this season, at all. Please trade them.

Smith, although yes is getting knocked around, I can really see his potential.

I agree that Ericsson has been solid.

djdan6215

Feb 26, 2012
best solution for the defense wings

trade with the islanders for acquire LUBOMIR VISNOSVKY

NINO NIEDERRETER is availaible too

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
best solution for the defense wings

trade with the islanders for acquire LUBOMIR VISNOSVKY

NINO NIEDERRETER is availaible too

That's what I've been pushing for. Right now he's an asset who has no worth since he will never play for them again. We really need a guy capable of putting up 50-60 points and who can be a force on the power play.

This is one trade that shouldn't petrify Ken Holland. :D

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
What I like:

Smith, Kindl, E have all been using their size. That's good.

Smith has been showing some offensive flair. Some good pinches, smooth skating, good passes. He's definitely still learning though. You can tell from some of his decision making.

I thought Kindl and Smith looked okay on the PP yesterday vs. the Blues. Didn't look too out of place, made some decent passes. They need time. They could have both used some mentoring while Lidstrom was here. That would have been amazing. Play next to and learn from one of the best in the business, for a full 82 game + playoffs season. Man.

E is playing awesome. Period.

Kronwall. What the hell. I can't even really identify what's wrong with his play. Just bad decisions all the time. Not strong on the PP. Can barely get shots through.

Q: he's better than the first few games, but he still sucks. I don't like him. Get him off.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Kronwall-Lashoff
Quincy-White
Kindl-Huskins

I don't hate that really. Would like those lines better with quincy out and smith in but whatever.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Kronwall-Lashoff
Quincy-White
Kindl-Huskins

I don't hate that really. Would like those lines better with quincy out and smith in but whatever.

Ericsson played the most mins, had the most shifts, was even plus/minus and generated an assist. That's two straight game with a point for him. I think he's making a case to be on the top pairing considering what we've got on the roster right now.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Ericsson played the most mins, had the most shifts, was even plus/minus and generated an assist. That's two straight game with a point for him. I think he's making a case to be on the top pairing considering what we've got on the roster right now.

Can't keep track of who's injured and who's healthy anymore. Wasn't knocking Ericsson at all, had no intention of doing so.

Guess no need for Lashoff then?
Is White good to go for Tuesday?

Kronwall-E
Quincy-White/Lashoff
Kindl-Huskins

While Smith is out...

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I'm all for scratching/waiving Quincey and Kindl as soon as possible.

Kronwall :shakehead / Ericsson
Lashoff-White
Huskins-Quincey :shakehead

Hahahaha :laugh: Not their biggest fans either, though I think Kindl has been alright. Nothing special for sure.

What do you think of Lashoff?

Would you go after any free agents still lingering, or try to improve the D via trade?

HTT3*

Can someone confirm this...

It looks like Kronwall was on the ice for the last 7 goals against; was on the ice for all 3 Blues goals, and on the ice for all CBJs goals. Is that correct?

Did Kronwall get an assist on AA goal?

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Hahahaha :laugh: Not their biggest fans either, though I think Kindl has been alright. Nothing special for sure.

What do you think of Lashoff?

Would you go after any free agents still lingering, or try to improve the D via trade?

The biggest thing I've been pushing for is to try to trade for Lubomir Visnovsky. He clearly has no interest in playing for the Isles although he is making noises about coming back to play for them now that the KHL is saying they will not allow him to play games due to him being under contract in the NHL. The Islanders want him however this is the second time he's made it very clear he has no interest in playing for them. So it's probably worthwhile trying to work a trade out but seeing as he's contractually obligated to play for them he isn't going to be that easy to acquire.

So I guess I'm willing to largely let our defense be comprised of big, defensive defensemen (E, Lashoff, Huskins) along with a mix of quasi offensive defensemen (Kronwall, Smith, White, Cola). I really do not like Quincey and Kindl has shown us absolutely nothing all these years. He is the shining example of what over-ripeness gets you.

Hopefully Smith progresses quickly and eventually we can roll with.

Smith-Ericsson
Kronwall-Lashoff
Huskins-White

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Can someone confirm this...

It looks like Kronwall was on the ice for the last 7 goals against; was on the ice for all 3 Blues goals, and on the ice for all CBJs goals. Is that correct?

Did Kronwall get an assist on AA goal?

He was on the ice for 3 of the 4 goals against tonight.
He was on the ice for all 3 St Louis goals last night.
He was on the ice for Dallas' lone goal in the 4-1 win.
He was on the ice for 1 of the 2 Chicago goals in the 2-1 OT loss.
He was on the ice for 2 of the 3 Wild goals during that game.
He wasn't on the ice for either goal against in the 2-1 loss to the Stars.
He was on the ice for 2 of the 3 goals against in our 5-3 win against the BJs.
He was on the ice for 2 of our 6 goals against in the opening night loss.

All told he's been on the ice for 14 of the 24 goals against, that's 58% of the goals scored against us. People can stop calling him Nik Jr.

RedWingsNow*

Kindl, Quincey and Smith continue to get beat by opposing forwards. The most impressive d-man tonight was Ericsson. Hopefully that is a sign of things to come from him.

I've seen good games from Ericsson this year.

Offensively, he's made some plays the last couple games.

But tonight, defensively, he was awful. I think Kent Huskins was out best defenseman tonight.

Kronwall and Ericsson are supposed to be our rocks.

They are not.

Quincey and Smith are a ****ing gong show out there. Kindl is good for a blunder or two a game.

Kronwall ... looks like he did a couple years ago, when he just completely lost his game. Great. he has 7 points. But he's -2.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
I've seen good games from Ericsson this year.

Offensively, he's made some plays the last couple games.

But tonight, defensively, he was awful. I think Kent Huskins was out best defenseman tonight.

Kronwall and Ericsson are supposed to be our rocks.

They are not.

Quincey and Smith are a ****ing gong show out there. Kindl is good for a blunder or two a game.

Kronwall ... looks like he did a couple years ago, when he just completely lost his game. Great. he has 7 points. But he's -2.

Look on the bright side Smith's injury breaks that paring up now.:sarcasm: Unfortunately would be better if it was Quincy and not Smith.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
The biggest thing I've been pushing for is to try to trade for Lubomir Visnovsky. He clearly has no interest in playing for the Isles although he is making noises about coming back to play for them now that the KHL is saying they will not allow him to play games due to him being under contract in the NHL. The Islanders want him however this is the second time he's made it very clear he has no interest in playing for them. So it's probably worthwhile trying to work a trade out but seeing as he's contractually obligated to play for them he isn't going to be that easy to acquire.

So I guess I'm willing to largely let our defense be comprised of big, defensive defensemen (E, Lashoff, Huskins) along with a mix of quasi offensive defensemen (Kronwall, Smith, White, Cola). I really do not like Quincey and Kindl has shown us absolutely nothing all these years. He is the shining example of what over-ripeness gets you.

Hopefully Smith progresses quickly and eventually we can roll with.

Smith-Ericsson
Kronwall-Lashoff
Huskins-White

I like those pairings for the future.

I'd be in favor getting someone like Visnovsky, I'd really like someone like Bogosian, but we probably missed out on getting him in the past while his value was lower.

With Visnovsky we could roll with something like-

Visnovsky-Ericsson
Kronwall-White
Smith-Huskins

I'd like those pairs.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids

All told he's been on the ice for 14 of the 24 goals against, that's 58% of the goals scored against us. People can stop calling him Nik Jr.

Damn, you two sure are negative. Kronwall's just making sure that he's involved in the scoring plays at both ends of the ice :laugh::laugh:

Aug 6, 2012
What's disappointing is Smith looked great out there before his injury. Its no surprise the team was completely terrible when we lost him.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

8 of them have been on special teams, though. Doesn't exactly make him a pillar of strength at even strength, but our special teams problems go beyond Kronwall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad