Post-Game Talk: Wings def. Canucks 3-2 (SO) (Pettersson, Hutton)

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
It only took 4 years but Benning has proven himself to be the GOAT gm

drafted 1st liner Virtanen in 2014, picked up 1st liner Schaller for free

#goat

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
So typical of this organization to rush a player back to have the injury flare up again.

Hopefully they let Boeser get a 100% healthy this time, although I don’t see it happening.

Brock didnt have a chance to train all summer. Hes going to have tightness and injury all year until he gets in proper training and strngtehening..

Do u suggest we sit him all year long ?

Quit babying these men. They are paid professionals. They know what they can and cant play through.

The idea that any management would be able to dictate a player to play through something they dont want to is pathetic.

Why exactly would management want to rush one of their best assets ? What would they gain from that ?? And spare me the " because they are dumb" response.

Legit 0 reason.

If brock plays its because he can. When Elias played, its because he can. These are grown men.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Brock didnt have a chance to train all summer. Hes going to have tightness and injury all year until he gets in proper training and strngtehening..

Quit babying these men. They are paid professionals. They know what they can and cant play through.

The idea that any management would be able to dictate a player to play through something they dont want to is pathetic.

Why exactly would management want to rush one of their best assets ? What would they gain from that ?? And spare me the " because they are dumb" response.

Legit 0 reason.

If brock plays its because he can. When Elias played, its because he can. These are grown men.
We are talking about his groin which he injured recently, not his back or wrist. As for you asking us why some question management, I'll ask you this first: do you really want to open that can of worms in this thread?

Reactions: WTG

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
We are talking about his groin which he injured recently, not his back or wrist. As for you asking us why some question management, I'll ask you this first: do you really want to open that can of worms in this thread?

His groin injury is 100 percent related to him having no training or intense workouts this off season. His whole body will be out of whack from groin, back to core.

And im not talking about oir management specifically, im talking about any management. What purpose does it serve to rush a player who isnt ready for any management.
If youre looking to play the blame game then players have to be.more accountable.

How easy is it for a player to say im fine or its minor i can play through it.. especially on a contract year which is what Boeser is looking at.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
His groin injury is 100 percent related to him having no training or intense workouts this off season. His whole body will be out of whack from groin, back to core.

And im not talking about oir management specifically, im talking about any management. What purpose does it serve to rush a player who isnt ready for any management.
If youre looking to play the blame game then players have to be.more accountable.

How easy is it for a player to say im fine or its minor i can play through it.. especially on a contract year which is what Boeser is looking at.
His groin injury can not be definitively be associated to due his prior back injury though yes it can be an affect. 100% relativity is impossible to prove however- it could happen to any player who had a full summer of training.

As for management, if it were later in the year and we needed wins to make the playoffs, or clinch a division etc. that would be a reason to rush someone back. Another reason is ownership putting pressure to put people in the seats by wanting these young stars to play as a draw. These are neither the case as it's too early in the season and we are currently on the road. It would be smart to let his injury get fully recovered even if he misses an extra game or two to make that happen. It's better for the team so that it isn't a nagging injury all season that can affect his play and more important games later. Alternatively for Boeser there's an argument both ways- he'll want to get into the lineup ASAP to have as few missed games as possible in a contract year. However, it's a dual edged sword as if he comes back too early and re-injures the groin it can cost him more time overall or his production may take a hit as well due to not being 100% therefore costing him money in this upcoming contract.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
First of 11 games in 19 days.

Let’s see how we handle this stretch. That’s legit going to put us at US thanksgiving which is normally an idicator if playoff teams.

I wonder how long it’s goig to take teams to start keying on petersson. Aka line matching the way some do against the mcdavids and Crosby’s

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Let’s see how we handle this stretch. That’s legit going to put us at US thanksgiving which is normally an idicator if playoff teams.

I wonder how long it’s goig to take teams to start keying on petersson. Aka line matching the way some do against the mcdavids and Crosby’s
Starts now.
On the road now after he's won Rookie of the Month and 2nd star of the week with Horvat centering a defense first line...
All he should see now without last change will be top pairing dmen on this road trip and beyond.

Hockeyphysio

Jul 2, 2018

Legit 0 reason.

He trained this summer. Maybe his training program was not up to par? There are very specific programs to prevent groin (adductor) injuries.
I cant say if Boeser is been pushed to play or not but for sure management teams have pushed players to play in situations that are not ideal.
We will see but playing through a minor strain (gr 1) turns into something more insidious at times. A groin is a hard thing to rehab I will admit.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
If we can get an decent offensive defenseman (instead of just being "offensive"), I don't have any doubts EP's points will really begin to pile up (not like he isn't accumulating them now as it is).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad