GDT: Wings @ cats 5:00 pm et 3/10/19

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
i gotta say. this might be the worst wings game i've ever seen. Losses to montreal are more frustrating because i hate the canadiens and actually like the panthers, but effort and skill wise, this wasn't even an NHL team on the ice tonight. What do you say as a coach?? I'd probably just leave the locker not saying anything

Worst game I've ever attended live. I was ready to leave early but two buddies are Panthers fans and wanted to stay to the end.
Also, got to see Barkov destroy my fantasy team. Good times.
At least I didn't have to listen to the Panthers broadcast team.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I only managed to catch the final few minutes of the game but even Ozzy is saying this isn't an acceptable level of effort for an NHL team.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
Maybe they should just send the call-ups back to Grand Rapids. Just get them out of the bad environment. As for coaching, you can't have a team perform that badly and not have part of it be your fault.

Reactions: lilidk

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Maybe they should just send the call-ups back to Grand Rapids. Just get them out of the bad environment. As for coaching, you can't have a team perform that badly and not have part of it be your fault.
Ya. We don’t have an NHL roster nor NHL coaching staff. It’s a joke if he gets extended

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
This team is a long long way from contention

Let's pls not forget that
You're right. But here's the thing: you don't need skill to play hard. We can draft or acquire dudes with a ton of skill but when they don't give a shit, we're not going to win anything.

Right now we've got guys with talent that don't give a shit. That's troublesome.

Say what you will about Helm, you never doubt that he will give you everything he's got. Glendening, too. A team of Glendenings and Helms will beat a team of AAs and Manthas every day.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
You're right. But here's the thing: you don't need skill to play hard. We can draft or acquire dudes with a ton of skill but when they don't give a ****, we're not going to win anything.

Right now we've got guys with talent that don't give a ****. That's troublesome.

Say what you will about Helm, you never doubt that he will give you everything he's got. Glendening, too. A team of Glendenings and Helms will beat a team of AAs and Manthas every day.

Not everyday, a few games they will care and destroy the teams of Helms and Glendenings.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
You're right. But here's the thing: you don't need skill to play hard. We can draft or acquire dudes with a ton of skill but when they don't give a ****, we're not going to win anything.

Right now we've got guys with talent that don't give a ****. That's troublesome.

I actually think heart/desire are talents associated with smarts.

So to me those two just arent all that talented

Reactions: Cyborg Yzerberg

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
I've railed against Vanek but look at both Florida games, a goal in each. Also never forget he assisted on Zadina's first. There's something to be said about former superstars/stars, and the Wings grabbing another one for next season is not a bad idea.

After the little whisper Mickey let out the other night that Vanek is maybe retiring, it's sad that age caught up to him. 785 carreer points is amazing, right with the likes of current and recent players like Nash, Kessel, Bergeron, and Heatley.

I take back what I've said and am glad he was part of this season.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
that was pretty brutal. the wings actually made us look like a real team. on the bright side at least youre tanking in the right direction. we cant even do that right.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
It's incredible how lazy he is. I don't have any other explanation for his inconsistent play. He is lazy and just doesn't give a **** half of the time. I honestly don't think he is ever going to be anything more than a middling 2nd liner who shows flashes of brilliance for a few games, followed by flashes of laziness for games.
I'm not beyond any hope for Mantha, but I wouldn't exactly hate to see him in a trade package for a defenseman.

firestarter

Mar 11, 2019
Slovakia
Wow..Ican't believe the amount of whining about the effort level of Mantha and other players in this thread..it was a bad game that helped the tank, that's all we can expect from a team that has been hovering above the bottom for the bigger part of the season..what are these players supposed to play for, with 13-14 games left to the season? A worse draft possition? A possible injury that can affect their offseason preparation? Be reasonable guys

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Wow..Ican't believe the amount of whining about the effort level of Mantha and other players in this thread..it was a bad game that helped the tank, that's all we can expect from a team that has been hovering above the bottom for the bigger part of the season..what are these players supposed to play for, with 13-14 games left to the season? A worse draft possition? A possible injury that can affect their offseason preparation? Be reasonable guys

Welcome

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI

I don't know, maybe pride? Maybe because they are payed millions of dollars to perform? They are here for our entertainment are they not?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad