Post-Game Talk: Wings @ Caps, Tues 12/8, 7:30pm, Phonebooth, NBCSN -- Return of the Greenie

Status
Not open for further replies.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Great win.

A bit of a lull after we scored the 1st goal, but they came back super strong after getting down 2-1.

Something is up with Nicky, he's looked off.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Meh, barely got past the 5th team in the conference without a penalty called against us in regulation.

1st line (even AO), Holtby, Carlson, Kuzya, 3rd line had a strong game.
Orlov-Chorney did not.
Burakovsky should finish the season in the A.
Sick movez in a shootout. It was funny to watch Howard against TJ and Kuzya.

I don't miss Mike Green sooo much!

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Glad we were trailing, so we had a chance to see a strong game from the Caps. I like when they play desperate, all this possession and shooting and no mistakes on D. Actually we saw two team that played really good D (expect couple our gaffes on which we were scored). Would be cool if they played without 3 on 3 and gimmick to see who actually would have won the game :)

btw, i liked the shoutouts from Osh and Kuzy, so much skill :yo:

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Good game...even better shootout :heart:

The commentators bored me for some reason. Either I was distracted or they really are boring. Bring back Doc!!!

Jun 15, 2007
I really, really, really hate the referees tendency to even up games with makeup calls.

Yeah they didn't call any penalties on us in regulation. That doesn't mean that Ovechkin should get penalized for nothing.

Speaking of Ovechkin...Am I misremembering or did he used to be better at stickhandling his first few years in the NHL?

And how unlucky are we that we have two great shootout players now that shootouts are much rarer?

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Detroit stood no chance in that shootout. Washington is too deadly.

Also that first line of Oshie - Backstrom - Ovie is just dirty.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I really, really, really hate the referees tendency to even up games with makeup calls.

Yeah they didn't call any penalties on us in regulation. That doesn't mean that Ovechkin should get penalized for nothing.

Speaking of Ovechkin...Am I misremembering or did he used to be better at stickhandling his first few years in the NHL?

And how unlucky are we that we have two great shootout players now that shootouts are much rarer?

Ovi handles the puck like a grenade these days, he could take lessons from his young friend Kuzy :naughty:

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Orlov was awful, it's starting to look like the injuries have may have taken a toll on his career.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Ovi handles the puck like a grenade these days, he could take lessons from his young friend Kuzy :naughty:

He made at least 2 beautiful passes to the slot and no one was home.

Orlov was awful, it's starting to look like the injuries have may have taken a toll on his career.

He's been up and down, which I think is appropriate for a still-young guy who missed a year. When he's been good he's been very good and when he's been bad, he's been awful. Consistency is the challenge for all young players, especially D. I think he'll be fine.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Meh, barely got past the 5th team in the conference without a penalty called against us in regulation.

1st line (even AO), Holtby, Carlson, Kuzya, 3rd line had a strong game.
Orlov-Chorney did not.
Burakovsky should finish the season in the A.
Sick movez in a shootout. It was funny to watch Howard against TJ and Kuzya.

I don't miss Mike Green sooo much!

Thats not the 5th best team conference right now. They are a very good team with lots of talent. They are playing better hockey then both NY teams right now. Orlov had a bad turnover, and Chorney had a couple bad plays, but for the most part they did ok. Bura had one bad pass that I remember but I think he is playing better after his scratch.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany

He has looked good for the most part of this season. He had a bad turnover, its going to happen. I would take Orlov over Green right now in a heartbeat

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
He has looked good for the most part of this season. He had a bad turnover, its going to happen. I would take Orlov over Green right now in a heartbeat

I had a pretty nervous few minutes during the Det PP when I thought we might see Game Over Green. Really glad that didn't happen. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad