GDT: Wings @ caps 7:30 et on nbcsn

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Agreed, although we all know hes already the greatest goal scorer of all time even if he retires after this game
Imagine if there hadn't been lockouts.

OV would've had one more full season before what turned out to be his rookie year when he scored 52 goals. And during the second lockout he scored 32 goals in 48 games. He could very well have been at 700 goals already.

The Lucky Pucks

Apr 29, 2017
Wings need to sign a big player this offseason. I believe Duchene and skinner are UFAs, try and sign one of these players. Not saying that will make us playoff contenders but at least their both still in their 20s who are legit 1st line players

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
I am thankful that my exam tomorrow is forcing me to study and miss my first game of the season, which happened to be this game

The Lucky Pucks

Apr 29, 2017
Imagine if there hadn't been lockouts.

OV would've had one more full season before what turned out to be his rookie year when he scored 52 goals. And during the second lockout he scored 32 goals in 48 games. He could very well have been at 700 already.
Had there of been no lockouts he may have reached 1000.

RedWingzz

Everybody loves Raymond
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
This is ugly. It's been a while since we had one of these. I kinda saw it coming, but 5-0 stings. Let's get a goal or 2 here. Win the 3rd period.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Only saw the third period but they didn't give up even when the game was well out of hand. Nice to see.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Larkin was actually pretty dominant again tonight depsite the score. His line outscored washington 2-1 and his possession numbers were really good, 60% on the draw as well

Reactions: Flowah and 14ari13

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
You may be right about Tampa (even though they outplayed them in the ECF) but what in the world has Toronto done to prove they are better than Washington?
Well, they don't have a Stanley Cup with this group. However, they've been really good this season. Remember, they played without Matthews for a long time also. In any case, the Wings just had a terrible game. They played Washington much better the last time they played them and also competed well against Toronto and Tampa. Washington being a Cup contender doesn't mean they're going to roll Detroit every time they play.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Well, they don't have a Stanley Cup with this group. However, they've been really good this season. Remember, they played without Matthews for a long time also. In any case, the Wings just had a terrible game. They played Washington much better the last time they played them and also competed well against Toronto and Tampa. Washington being a Cup contender doesn't mean they're going to roll Detroit every time they play.

There's levels to this game, Detroit isn't on their level yet. I don't even know what we're arguing here.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Well, that was painful.

They had nothing to their game tonight. Nothing. Not on the same page, can't complete a pass, can't skate two strides without coughing up the puck, can't find right guy to cover in the d-zone, can't clear the puck, can't can't can't.

These games happen. Put it behind.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Wings need to sign a big player this offseason. I believe Duchene and skinner are UFAs, try and sign one of these players. Not saying that will make us playoff contenders but at least their both still in their 20s who are legit 1st line players
Skinner will be EXPENSIVE

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Hockey purgatory.
I don't think they're quite at that point. They started the year with a ton of injuries, and were probably better than their first 10 games indicated. Then they hit a softer part of the schedule, and many of the kids clicked at the same time, so maybe they overachieved a little. Now the opponents are getting harder again, so I'd expect a few more losses.

I'm guessing they'll finish somewhere between 6-10 for draft slot based on record. Hopefully the lottery smiles on them, and they work the trade deadline well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->