Player Discussion: Tyler Bertuzzi

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
I'd take that in a heartbeat, but Lil' Bert will never be that good.

Maybe. Since being promoted to the top 6 he has 10 pts in 14 games. That's a 59 pt pace on a season.

Tkachuk is playing with much better players and is on pace for... 59 points

It's a small sample size, I know. I like to dream.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I'd take that in a heartbeat, but Lil' Bert will never be that good.

After breaking into the league this year Bertuzzi has been good enough (I'm a big fan but hes surprised me how good hes been) that I wouldnt say he'll never be that good. I would say he might top out around where Tkachuk is now, 60 points but really well rounded, good advanced stats, and still scrappy. Tkachuk has another level to his talent though where down the line he'll be better. Tkachuk has legit 70-80 point potential.

For all the complaining about the pick at the time, the only person people could name they would've rather had was Buchnevich who was picked ~20 spots . I would say the seasons theyre both having right now, I would take Bertuzzi. Its close but Bertuzzi turned out to be a great pick it seems, his hockey sense is really good. Makes up for any loack of offensive skill he might have

Reactions: Ulysses31

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I love lil Bert. I think he's going to be a star player in this league and I'm looking at him and Larkin to be the existing pieces on the roster that lead a rebuild.

It is important to note, however, that the last 2 players I jumped on the bandwagon early with were Riley Sheahan and Jakob Kindl....so I may not have the best track record with this type of thing

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Berts one of those guys with a "heavy" stick. Combined with his coordination and grittyness, it's a big reason why he's been so good.

When he reaches or swipes for a puck, it actually makes a difference. Can't say that about many other guys on the team. Helps him a lot in board battles.

Not going to speak too soon, but he seems like the perfect fit with old Z.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Happy to say I was extremely wrong about him on his draft day. Seems like a team player who can fit in anywhere in your top 9 and give you amazing efforts consistently.

Just hoping to avoid the Abby/ Helm lifetime-deal-for-middle-6-winger in a few years down the line.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Yeah, the usual suspects, including Shaman464, haven't been around in awhile. I wonder why? lol

He's 23 and scoring at a a 0.5 ppg. Not like he's not exactly setting the world on fire. And he is getting top line minutes. This is the Justin Abdelkader effect. You take a player with good work ethic and put him with your best players they are going to do well. Not very surprising. Its good for him, but lets not get too far ahead of ourselves. Remember, 23 isn't that young when you consider that three of the top 5 scorers are 24 or under. Add to that his stats show he's not driving possession, which reinforces the idea he's living off of his linemates. So again, you can gloat all you want, he's still a reach, he's showing some decent ability, but he's also been given much more rope than players like AA or Mantha have to play on the top line with the Wings best players. But in the end, he's a forward in his prime that is putting up 3rd line points playing on the top line.

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
He's 23 and scoring at a a 0.5 ppg. Not like he's not exactly setting the world on fire. And he is getting top line minutes. This is the Justin Abdelkader effect. You take a player with good work ethic and put him with your best players they are going to do well. Not very surprising. Its good for him, but lets not get too far ahead of ourselves. Remember, 23 isn't that young when you consider that three of the top 5 scorers are 24 or under. Add to that his stats show he's not driving possession, which reinforces the idea he's living off of his linemates. So again, you can gloat all you want, he's still a reach, he's showing some decent ability, but he's also been given much more rope than players like AA or Mantha have to play on the top line with the Wings best players. But in the end, he's a forward in his prime that is putting up 3rd line points playing on the top line.

bertuzzi is a better overall hockey player than abdelkader by a fair margin.

playing with LGD and rasmuss3n isnt exactly Zberg and datsyuk.

Reactions: Jon Cusack

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Looks like a hockey player and plays exactly how it should be played.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad